or Connect

Posts by Monkeygrrl

One can join the FB page - Human Milk 4 Human Babies - and they will be able to point them in the right direction for donating milk. Sometimes they facilitate donation directly to another mother, sometimes they advise a particular milk bank. 
My boys are 9 and 6. When there are lego fights, the legos get put away for the day, end of discussion. They are to play nicely with each other, or they don't get to play with that toy (whatever it is). I do not tolerate the breaking of each other's creations, the petty "that's mine, I said no" stuff, etc. I bought the legos, they all belong to me. Share them, be nice about it, or don't play with them at all. (I know, I'm a big meanie. But I don't often deal with...
9yo has had pertussis and chicken pox. 6yo has had pneumonia. (But I forgot to click the box for it.)
I would contact the school. Regardless of when it happened, or your history, showing "private" body parts is not acceptable in an elementary school setting.    If it were my child -    I would have a convo with my child, stressing how important it is for them to tell me about things like this. How sometimes big people do this and it's not ok, and I need to know so they don't do it to anyone else. How no one is allowed to touch her body - unless it is the doctor...
  They are 10 and 12. And there are many kids out there at this age, who are sexually active, for various reasons. They should know about sex already. They should know what their bodies do, how they function, what their purpose is, by now.    Did you clarify that the news piece was wrong? And that protection needs to be used no matter what the penis looks like until one is sure that their partner doesn't have an STD/STI and until they are ready to have babies?    They do...
I say leave it alone. Don't retract it. Don't let anyone else retract it.   It could be irritated from just rubbing against the diaper or if he's playing with his penis a lot. It could be normal movement/loosening of the foreskin.    Unless he's in obvious pain - crying while peeing, verbalizing pain, etc - then I wouldn't worry about it.
A couple ideas -    1 - Can you make a FlyLady-type control journal for your daughter (and maybe one for you, as an example)? Make it with pictures and words, and for somethings you can ask "what does your journal say?" so she knows what step is next. You can even make one for your son, as he can choose his clothes, or put laundry in the basket, and pick up his toys after lunch. Both of my boys have one, and it's pretty basic. At this time they get up, get dressed, make...
I'm sorry, I didn't know what VCUG stood for.    Regardless, a circ is a cosmetic procedure, unless hypospadias is the issue. Taking off the foreskin (and whatever other penile tissue ends up going with it) will not fix what is going on INSIDE the body.    If it were my child, I would continue to stand firm against circumcision and demand they figure what what the actual problem is. Skin outside the body is not going to make organs inside the body not work...
But a circumcision is not going to fix a UTI. Something else is going on. I would get a second (or third/fourth) opinion, and I would do whatever tests necessary to get the answers. Circumcision is not the answer here. If your son has a legit UTI, there is something going on with his kidneys and urinary tract, not with his foreskin.    I don't have any BTDT advice, but I would refuse the circ until my dying breath.   And I'm sorry your medical bills are crazy. :(
My boys are 9 and 6. And we homeschool, so our morning schedule is maybe a tad more lenient than a public schooled child's would be.   However - from 2yo, when we started transitioning them to their own bed in their own room, their bedtime routine started at 830pm. Brush teeth, jammies on, pick out a movie, lay in bed with the movie until asleep or movie is over, then go to sleep. And it doesn't matter if it's in the summer or during the school year, this is their...