or Connect

Posts by Monkeygrrl

technically, being curious about bodies is normal... however, the sudden curiousity makes me wonder if he is seeing something at his dads house, that he is not seeing at moms...and so is curious about it...while nudity in itself is not a crime, nor is it a bad thing, it could be twisted to be something bad... my 4yo often comes up to me and touches my boobs...i remind him that they are mine and he doesnt get to touch them...but nudity is normal in my house, so its...
Quote: Originally Posted by heldt123 Does that work well having one in school and the rest home? I mean, do your kids like that setup? yes, it works well...and the kids are perfectly fine with it...they like being home and being able to do things at their own pace...and they are cool with sometimes having to work around GB's schedule... peace...
Quote: yielded encouraging results in guinea pigs (MSNBC) T says "isnt that what humans are anyway?" lol i am off to read the thread on it... peace...
Pman (4y) got pertussis and chicken pox before the age of 2...Trout hasnt gotten anything yet, but i am not going to search out pox parties to take him to... i have no idea if i got chicken pox (or anything else, for that matter) as a child...my brother did, but my mom doesnt know if i did (story of my life)...i didnt get it when Pman got it, and he got a pretty severe case... regardless, i am not going to get boosters for anything...and my children that *were*...
Quote: I still feel guilty that I can't exclusively breastfeed her. Society just seems to heap the criticism. I've had strangers berate me for giving her a bottle (Thanks, but, btw, half the time now it IS breastmilk, you nosy SOBs). I've had people ask me why I "deny" my daughter the bond of breastfeeding (Hi, not really my choice...I could have tried to force a wailing, screaming baby to nurse, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have worked, and i'm not sure how...
is your neice not going to nurse or pump? i think it would be ok for him later on (like if you pumped and froze it in a deep freeze, its good for 6-12mo)...but for right now, he really needs that colostrum and high calories of the first breastmilk...unless you are giving it to him until her milk comes in? and yes, breastmilk changes and the child grows... peace...
Pman (4y) only gets checked on his physicals (so once a year now)...and its only to make sure that things look ok...the ped never touches he penis...she will ask me if he is retracting on his own, if i notice any redness, etc...but in doing the normal checking of all body parts and major organs, she just looks and then is done... Trout (10mo) was only checked the first couple of well-baby visits to make sure the testicles were where they were supposed to be, and that...
Pman (4y) believes that T is his dad...because this is all he has known...but when he starts really asking questions about which parent belongs to which child, then we will answer those questions...he understands that some kids came from one mom, and some kids came from another mom...but since T came into his life when he was 10mo, he doesnt know anything different right now... when the time comes, i will explain that there are people out there that donate their eggs...
i agree with the others...it depends how the child is being fed... i pumped fulltime for my birth boys and always held them close while feeding them...talking to them, touching them, etc...my 4yo and 9mo are very attached, even when they are playing elsewhere...they are constantly coming to check up on me... if someone were to suggest to me that my child could not be attached because i had not fed them from the breast, i think i would lose my cool... peace...
i signed the waiver to not vax my kids...but my ped is pro-vax, and tries to talk about the benefits of vaxing when we are at appointments...we are currently looking for a new doc, but are not having much luck... *sigh* and i get reminders in the mail regarding the vaccine schedule, and how its time to get my children vaxed...it also states that i can call my doc to get an immediate appointment to get my children up to date...or something like that...i always throw...