or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Monkeygrrl

You need to look at your divorce decree or custody agreement first. Then you need to call the non-emergency line to get some information. And tomorrow you go to family court to get an emergency hearing to get your custody agreement changed until he has a place to live with appropriate space for the child.   And - don't let him in the house again. Not even if he doesn't have a place to live. If there is a history of DV, you are allowing it to continue by letting him...
  For sure.    Find out what your DH is ok with. Go shopping. Take pictures - send them to him. Keeping him involved will help validate his opinion. :)
We did tankini's or shorts/tops or one pieces until the girls were 15/16 and responsible about it, then they could wear bikini's if they wanted to.
This is what I found: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/asm/ab_2101-2150/ab_2109_bill_20120223_introduced.html   Someone posted in another group I'm in that it passed the Appropriations Committee - all Dems voting yes, all Reps voting no. The next step is the Assembly Floor. I haven't heard anything more about it.
With my first pregnancy, I was hungry all the time. With my second pregnancy, I had a goal to eat at least twice a day. Each pregnancy is different.   Make sure your food choices are good. Make sure you are going to your appointments regularly. Make sure you are taking care of you.    :)
Thanks! I sent her the link. :)
Ya know, I just chose to parent my stepkids the same way I parent my own. My house, my rules. The rules might be different at Mom's house, just like they are a little different at Grannie's house or church or school or the store. But in my house, these are the rules. And when they are followed, there are these set of consequences. When they aren't followed, there's this other set of consequences. We really like the first set, so we all try to follow the rules.   I am...
((you all))   Sometimes we know what needs to be done, we just need to hear someone else say it.   I'm glad I was able to help. I hope things get better soon. :)
If bio-mom has an issue with you being motherly to children in your home, that's on her. She needs to be a grown up and get over it.   Maybe you and your husband can talk counseling - and you can go as a family unit. It doesn't have to involve bio-mom at all. If she wants to be involved, fine, the therapist will see her for what she is. But regardless of what the adults want, that child needs help. And Dad has just as much right to ask for counseling as anyone else....
I don't have a whole lot of answers for you. If it were me, I would continue to be the strong mother presence and let the cards fall where they may. If bio-mom isn't stepping up, either because she can't or won't, then someone should. It's logical that you are the next in line.   Are you (or the parents) able to get him into counseling? I think a good counselor, who deals with abandonment issues in children, would help tremendously. He was not abandoned, per se, but...
New Posts  All Forums: