or Connect

Posts by Holiztic

Thank you both, both responses help to assure me that my child is not destined to annoy everyone for the rest of his life, a fear I have a hard time getting away from!     We are homeschoolers and I am part of a very close and supremely supportive circle of like-minded moms whom I see (moms only) several times a month and whose children make up his main social group (well, not really, but on paper).  Unfortunately the kids are mostly under 4. : (  He has learned a...
It has been a very long time since I posted in here, MDC and PtGC.  My son is 5 and has never been tested or in a school situation, I have no idea what his IQ is, and do not know if he is gifted, or if so, how gifted.  I do know everyone who meets him comments on how smart he is, and he was obviously 'ahead' at 2 (when he started doing mental addition and subtraction without counting) or when he was speaking very long, grammatically correct sentences with proper tense,...
iPad did autocorrect and won't let me edit! As fun as bunnies pickles sounds, I meant Bubbies!
Hi all, long time TFer here but I was not too serious about it with my son, who is now 4.4. I didn't eat much junk, but also only got clo, a little raw milk, and a little bunnies pickles, we are TTC#2 now (5 dpo on first cycle) and this is what I have been doing for a few months (some things longer): Daily: Organic, pastured chicken liver pate made with lots of high vitamin ghee 1-2 tsp fermented clo Homemade ferments at every meal Pastured meat 2-3 times a day 2-5...
Well, obviously I don't know what ADHD looks like!    But I agree with her that ADHD doesn't really suit my son.  It was really OCD I was thinking of in this post, and I am definitely still watching that and I think it will come down to either he is OCD and it will show up in more places as he gets older OR this is a phase and it will taper off as he gets older.  We are homeschoolers, so I am not concerned about having a diagnosis for school purposes.
Grandma, who is a teacher with master's in education and very, very experienced with and in-tune with kids, was over today carving pumpkins with DS.  He was somewhat loud and a bit crazy, but mostly sat in a chair and painted a pumpkin and then tried to help her carve.  He did some not listening, and some very good listening.  I asked her at one point if she saw any ADD/ADHD in him and she laughed and said no, lots of smarts and a decent amount of energy, but she said he...
Okay, I happen to be something of an over-diagnoser. I am not hypochondriac and tend more to disbelieve something is wrong than assume it is wrong. Nonetheless I am big on learning about health, wellness, nutrition, development, etc. and maybe because I know SO much about what can cause issues I might be seeing more than is there.  That being said, my kid does not seem 'normal' either. I don't know many kids well (like beyond a 2 hour playdate) so I have little...
I totally agree with the recent comments. I was a little concerned about starting DS (4.5) on Oak Meadow K because he's known his letters (upper, lower, sounds) on a very deep level (meaning he really understands them, not just memorized) for a while now. I know I could be teaching him phonics right now. He also has been doing mental math since he was two and could easily handle RightStart A right now. BUT just because he CAN does not mean he SHOULD.  We started OM K...
Well, in my group of friends we really value community for the benefits it brings the parents, the kids, and society.  Honestly, the kids are all friends BECAUSE we are all friends, so we'd never even WANT to leave--nor would it make sense for us to leave as the parents are just as much party guests as our kids are.  (We're homeschoolers, BTW, so the whole 'kid from school' thing doesn't really apply).   In your situation I don't know what I'd end up actually doing,...
It is my DH's parents and most of the waldorf guilt I have felt starts with her. She has a terrible way of 'helping' people and offering advice. It goes some like this:  DS says "this (half-eaten) pretzel looks like an upper case M" all smiley and having fun. And then MIL shakes her head with a grave look on her face and says, half under her breath but loud enough for everyone to hear, "That is so abstract" (huff, puff, long blink and head shaking with a deep sigh and...