or Connect

Posts by nicolena

Hey-- I don't think we can make Thursday. I was hoping to see if anyone wanted to join a book club during the next meeting. The first book is Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies. We'll meet in two or four weeks at my house to discuss. If you have any of the disorders above in your family, your child/ren is/are at higher risk. We can also discuss natural healing solutions. Please email me at mehera7 at gmail.com if you wanna...
i have dreamed of a grain mill for 2 years. i'm thinking of getting this: http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/prod...ord=grain+mill does anyone have it? advice? i'm just getting into grains, so i'm not planning on using it too much, but i want a good quality one in case i ever get crazy into breads. i want a hand powered one. tia, mehera
i found a le crueset stockpot at marshall's. also got a lc dutch oven there on clearance. and i got my huge dream one from amazon for my birthday. what is the magnetic thing? gotta try sticking magnets to my stainless steel one tomorrow! m
the fermented foods can be a problem for some. my asd kids reacted strongly to fermented foods (and one craved them). for myself, too, i got rid of thrush most easily by giving up all the above (including my beloved teas) and the supposedly friendly fermented foods. my family also reacted to the amines in fermented foods--there was an article on amines/slow cookers a few issues back in WT. i skimmed the article then because i couldn't handle more things to cut out,...
i haven't read the agave article article yet, but i stopped using it because it didn't feel "low glycemic" to me, it made my heart feel a little funky and just seemed too much like karo syrup. plus. i could only find it in plastic. i live in new england, so i generally use maple syrup or maple sugar, sometimes local honey. i haven't gotten the issue bc i haven't renewed my subscription because i too am overwhelmed by all the info i have about food and feeding my...
: I just signed on to ask the exact same question. My 5 month old is crazy grabbing for food. I have been gfcf for almost two years, but just added the two back in (dairy seems iffy still, but gluten finally seems fine!). I would be happy to ebf, but she is so grabby. i wish there were a book on feeding babies traditionally. i hate to ignore her clear desire to eat. on the 4th of july we picked blueberries (organic) and i let her suck on some--no obvious...
I saw someone was doing FAILSAFE in the last HTG thread, but I thought I might ask a few questions here. My twins have been gfcf for 1.5 years, and most stimming is gone, but they still have diarrhea to mushy poo. I slip up on sweeteners (maple syrup, agave, dried fruit), so they often have candida flare ups, but even when we're strict, it's not good. Luckily, we haven't had colors or preservatives since they were infants. So I've phased out fruit and most veggies...
greeny--meds scare me too. i don't know about stomach ulcers...but candida can affect all systems in the body--it gives my daughters and me sinus problems among other issues. can you tolerate yogurt? i would go with the blandest foods possible--lots of chicken and homemade bone broth. Chewed probiotics can also be soothing for the tummy, maybe better than the prescriptions. you might want to invest in an allergen free on like kirkmans or...
i'm going to introduce myself when i have time tonight, but i just wanted to add that NT style natural probiotics have not been effective for us. i have about a gallon of beet kvass that my nursing 3 yo's react to when i drink. after i'd finally learned to make it palatable..... i read on body ecology that sometimes a yeast is in kombucha that people with candida can react to---wonder if that's the case with water kefir or even my kvass. just to make things more...
harmonymama--i add my giblets to stock while it's simmering or give them to my dogs. i take raw liver tabs because i've never been able to cook them well w/o butter.....