or Connect

Posts by nicolena

FuzzyOne--we've been gfcf for a year and a half after several false starts. it is amazing, but it can be very overwhelming. i would just focus on getting the diet right and letting the body recover. if you have an intuition about other allergens, however, follow your gut.
ajillfisch--my kids also continue to develop new sensitivities, and after i developed thrush after eating too much maple syrup after my new baby was born, i seem to be more sensitive too. i just hop it is somehow related to healing. it is not fun.
mimi--water grains sucked for me. kombucha was horrible for my kids, too. probiotics seem to help, as horrible/ anti-NT as that is..... mom to 3.25 twins recovering from the spectrum and a 3 month old, home birth, no interventions who weighs 5 pounds more than my twins at 6 months!!!
duci mama--my twins had the same symptoms as your child, starting with the plugged ducts. i think i gave them topical abx--which i now know they are extremely reactive too, after ddb had to gave stitches near her eye. caused arm flapping etc. i vaxxed my twins til one year, when ddb stopped walking. anyway, we are gfcf corn free soy free and now on the no phenol path. just wanted you to know i agree these are serious symptoms and i think reducing the "allergen" load...
oh my god. i haven't been online in forever, and somehow i am right there with you on the phenols. i haven't caught up on the thread, but i am just starting on the phenols. dds and i all had a major red cheek reaction at the children's museum after markers. one dd was sniffing the damn things--scentedl the teacher had shown her. could this be phenols? am i in so much denial? (and was it perhaps the one slice of dried mango i offered before? do i need to pay 69...
I have no acne! I have a delicious babe, 11 weeks old today. Lovely homebirth, natural nurser, and she can poop in the potty!!!! Re the acne, I'm not sure if it was gluten or dairy, but as I'm still nursing my 3.3 year old twins who are on the spectrum and react when I cheat on the diet, I'm no longer eating either, and we're all much happier. I suspect gluten more than dairy, but have since learned my grandma could tolerate neither and thought my dad had a dairy...
Does anyone know if phenols pass thru breastmilk? I'm nursing my 3.25 year old twin autistic girls and their 3 month old little sister. they are gfcf, plus no soy or corn, and now i see a definite phenol sensitivity. to be safe, i'm avoiding as many phenols as possible too, but i hate to limit my diet too much in case it harms my littlest girl. anyone know? thanks, mehera
Does anyone know if phenols pass thru breastmilk? I'm nursing my 3.25 year old twin autistic girls and their 3 month old little sister. they are gfcf, plus no soy or corn, and now i see a definite phenol sensitivity. to be safe, i'm avoiding as many phenols as possible too, but i hate to limit my diet too much in case it harms my littlest girl. anyone know? thanks, mehera
Thanks for your replies. I guess they're just crazy. Me too. I have been talking to them about the milk. There was none for awhile, but now there seems to be plenty of colostrum. I ask them why they're nursing so much, and they tell me the baby is making a lot of milk for them. I was just hoping there was something I could "fix." But I guess it's just life with kiddos.
My twin girls turned 3 last month. In the last couple weeks they started nursinf a lot--15 minutes at a time several times a day. It's excruciating at times, but they can't have dairy or gluten (among other foods), so I want them to have the nutrition, and I strongly believe in child led weaning. In the past few days, my baby has dropped (i'm 37 weeks), and I feel I've had some extra hormonal stuff. The girls want to nurse CONSTANTLY, and when they're not nursing,...