or Connect

Posts by nicolena

hi! mine weren't both on the breast until 9.5 weeks. one baby got there sooner, and that was hard! i worried that i was subconsciously favoring the better nurser. i tried sns and cups, and i agree with the pp that you need to stop the bottles, but you also need to have the confidence that your baby can and will nurse successfully. it took me a while to feel certain they could nurse exclusively. (i had slightly different issues from you; they wouldn't latch at birth,...
margaretta, i know what you mean. it has been very difficult to meet new people i connect with--in school, i was always very popular, had lots of parties and really close friends. now we are scattered, and i'm yet to make any friends in this area (luckily my husband is from here, so i know some people pretty well, but their kids are older and they live in the suburbs). is it the lack of a school setting? my age? karma? i tend to go with karma/fate/just be patient,...
hi there. i'm sorry you are going through such a rough time. definitely call the abuse hotline and get help and information. i just wanted to write because my husband did the same thing with my twins (i think they were 8 months then) without my permission. they were taking forever to go to sleep; i got frustrated and asked for his help; he took it upon himself to lie down with them which was fine for a moment (they were wanting to play) but they started crying. i...
i was a perpetual grad student til i had my twins last december--mfa in poetry, ma in english lit (while working towards a phd at one of the most/many racist, sexist schools), and then working on a master's in early childhood education "to kill time" while i got pregnant. (i have my practicum left and no desire to finish--but i'd love to get montessori certified.) i too thought academia would be a brilliant life for a mom, but i found out in my phd program that i couldn't...
i sure do! i've been wanting to ask this question...but about when a baby is sick and you have an/other child/ren. i have 11 month old twins, so when one is sick, the other still needs me so much. i feel like i need back-up in case one's needs get severe. i also think he should stay home if i'm sick, but i haven't been REALLY sick yet, so.......
nursing and peeing, yep. and on a few colicky or simply crazy days, i've peed holding twins (mama to two littles 12.15.04)
hi! you've gotten great advice--it is it took me 9.5 weeks to get my twins to latch well and get off the bottle. first--pump every three hours at least, for 20 minutes, even if you're getting nothing. your nipples need the stimulation until the babes can provide it. then--eat and drinks lots--healthy fats and high protein--papaya and oatmeal are both supposed to increase supply (oatmeal helped me) also--after trying fenugreek (get it organic and fresh; you...
hi there-- i just wanted to introduce myself before i start posting. i've been lurking for a while, and i'm so glad to find a place where people are doing some of the same things we are--bfing, cosleeping, generally surviving without letting the babes cry for no reason....... i'm 32, sahm, had these ivf girls at 35 weeks (induced for preeclampsia) vaginally on dec 15, 2004, with no nicu or extra hospital time, and i'm psyched to see this board! mehera