or Connect

Posts by nicolena

i make this for birthdays: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...23&postcount=7 i sub coconut oil and use maple syrup or agave instead of honey. you can add cocoa for a nice choc cake. a good choc icing is 3/4 cup coconut oil (or any veg oil), a cup cocoa and one cup maple syrup. i soak the nuts and dehydrate them before i make the cashew butter. it's really good. happy birthday!
Sbgrace--isn't it interesting how differently this disease manifests--or how various underlying causes create similar symptoms?. Scd was horrible for us too, but it was because they can't tolerate gluten or dairy (or soy, or refined sugars, or even too much honey...and we don't even bother with artificial anything...). I would never have suspected fats; tho at the beginning of this journey, i never would have suspected dairy. I have seen other kids flap their arms, but...
Hey Patty! We were on about the same time you were; my girls are getting better too--tho we're having some sort of relapse just now, though I think it's turning around. If your journey's been anything like ours, then big big big hugs! It's crazy-making when there are no rules to follow. Anyway, continued luck and health! mehera
Welcome Junegoddess! I loved FBDO! Sigh.... We have no gluten, no dairy, and no soy (I'm ashamed to admit i even discovered that), no refined sugars, not much rapadura. We couldn't do butter oil. I didn't eat bacon for almost 20 years, and I've had it almost every day for the last few months now (after morning sickness went away). Yum. I've been doing TF for about 2 years now, and I still get worried about fats, even CLO. But it's much better than it used to be....
good luck with the gf--one of my dds had a drug addict's withdrawal reaction, but you would have seen that by now. are you against trying brown rice rice cereal with tons of coconut oil? i use frozen blueberries when i can't get fresh berries also good with cinnamon and ginger and dried cranberry. sometimes i make the apple crisp (frozen peaches work well in it too) from NT, using co, of course. i often make this quick bread for toast or muffins, using soaked...
re: restless legs. I'm pretty sure it's a magnesium deficiency. i think i read that somewhere here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=406983 arsenicum can be a good homeopathic remedy for restless leg at night. i am so sad--my buying club's website is down for the second time in a row, and i don't know where to get my grass fed meat!!!! and my good eggs will be gone when the farmer's market ends soon. poor me. and my face is till a mess. i think...
i get 5 pounds of tomatoes a week in my CSA! i'd love to freeze some puree for stews later. anyone know if i need to cook it first? thanks!!!
oops--and i meant to second jen in trying not to worry! i forget how far along you are--i stopped worrying so much around the fourth month, when i could see and feel the baby more, kwim?
actually, from my understanding, if you're not adding new fillings, your first child actually already received the bulk of your toxins, including mercury. i think i read somewhere that, given a good diet, later children are actually healthier. i know it's the case in two moms i can think of (one of whom has a first child with very mild ASD). my own mom too, come to think of it. we're just amazed that my sister, the youngest, is as crazy healthy as she is....
i wish i had some; i'm looking too! mine died a couple months ago when i went out of town. anyway, i wanted to let you know that there is a sticky above where you can look for people to pm about water grains...though last time i tried, no one had any.