or Connect

Posts by PrennaMama

Tried to get through the whole thing but around page 10, it started to get pretty redundant... I skipped to page 14 and read from there, and was pleased to see the direction the conversation had taken... So I'm here with my : I agree w/ pp's re; Respect. For example: Quote: Originally Posted by Grylliade I think the missing term in this thread is 'respect'. This isn't about rights or what one "deserves", but respect for one another. I try to not do...
Re: the low blood sugar piece... I have a nasty case of hypoglycemia and have observed that my friends and family with ADHD also have issues with blood sugar. Sometime I wonder if our brains burn through complex sugars/protein faster... Quote: Originally Posted by transformed hey ya'll. I have my first therepy session tomorrow (officially for bi-polar and depression) but I am so excited to set some goals to help me function better. What do you all...
Prenna and I have been discussing choices, and the value of thinking about the choices available before deciding one's path... She was interviewed by a friend of ours who is taking a master's class in child psychology and wanted to talk to her about moral development. Prenna told her that breaking the rules (in a game they were playing) is wrong because someone could get mad, it's not fair... and then she let our friend break the rules to take several turns in a row,...
Quote: Originally Posted by transformed I am kind of irritated right now guys. My dh, who was diagnosed adhd as a child, almost 20 years ago has a family that likes to make him feel ashamed when he doesnt remember a birthday. Tonight, his mom called him and said 'your dad's waiting up to go to bed waiting for your call I think. (For his birthday)" Sometimes his sister grudgingly reminds him of someones bday but usually like the day before and...
Hey there. I think I lean toward Angela's take... my gut tells me there's a way to work on the behaviors you want to see, rather than focusing on what you don't want to see, and still have full availability to nurse. If one is saying no for a non-punative reason, such as others listed, then that feels to me to be well within mutually agreeable territory... but to withold nursing in a time of conflict doesn't feel like it honors what CLW is about, in my view. What...
Hi ladies, just popping to see how you are,and share news... I made the leap and have started taking Adderall. I'm about 2 weeks into it so it's definitely on-board. My stomach has not loved it, so far. I noticed a significant change in my focus right away. I feel slowed down, actually, which I still can't help finding somewhat humorous just because so many people I used to party with back in the day PAID for the stuff so they could get sped up and high. I find...
Quote: Originally Posted by LauraN PrennaMama: I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this thread! I've actually only read the first few posts, but already Virtues Parenting has helped me make that elusive paradigm shift that everyone talks about in Gentle Parenting. Mind you, I've been reading and studying Gentle Parenting for *years,* but something about my upbringing just didn't allow me to make that shift. But reading your posts...
This just in... Monumental leaps in development ON a little one's birthday are possible! Prenna literally went form 3 to 4 in about a 30 second span. She was given a very extravagant dress. My mom's nuts in the spoiling deptartment, I mean it... this thing is fancier than my wedding dress was. After she wore it for a bit, we were about to have cake, and she said... "I think I'll take off my dress before some cake, I don't wanna get it messy." I was so...
Has he got a fever, too? If he's still having a rough go of it today... try getting into a warm and steamy (not too hot) bath with him, (close the door or curtain if you can) and nurse him in the bath... it re-creates a bit of the womb feeling and also encourages the body to take in hydration through its largest intake organ - the skin. Will he suck on a popsicle? The Pedialyte ones are gross, we think, but maybe you could freeze up some of his fave juice, blended...
Just the brief snippets I reviewed didn't have the same tenor as the VP... I sincerely appreciate your calling my attention to that. He mentions some things from Descartes and such, and does delve into philosophy (classical philosophy) but his writing, his language, and the overall sense I got from what I reviewed seemed really harsh.