or Connect

Posts by PrennaMama

So, moderation went so-so for us. I'm thinking we'll just keep at it with that one in our house. How are you all doing these days? I was wondering if anyone would consider doing a Virtue of the Week here, and following along with the website? We are still trucking along with Virtues around here, and boy have we been tested lately. Has anyone ever noticed this phenomenon... Whenever I feel that I am making a leap in understanding and enlightenment, or...
Quote: Originally Posted by quietserena Someone was recommending Love and Logic to me and I'm really not familiar with it. I'm a lil overwhelmed with the GD recommended book list as it is so I figured I'd just ask for opinions before I actually get the books. I don't need any *more* confusion on the parenting issues iykwim. Quote: Originally Posted by MyGrassIsBlue Thank you for asking this question! A friend told me about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Maggirayne My mom thought it was a cop-out then. Not sure what she thinks now. My mom also thought (and after some wine, still thinks) ADD is a myth.... a cop-out. Quote: Originally Posted by Maggirayne FIL isn't your dr. and DH should not discuss either of your medical (or not) choices, IMO. I'm glad the Celexa is helping. But yeesh, unless the ADD is still interfering, why worry. and if the...
Quote: Originally Posted by LaurieG DH and I spend a lot of time encouraging him to act less emotional (ie. don't yell, don't hit your brother when you're frustrated, 5 minutes of crying is enough - you can stop now, etc). Although I believe it is important to teach him that he can't act out his every emotion, it just occurred to me that we might be training him to stuff his emotions altogether. He's a passionate, emotional, opinionated,...
Quote: Originally Posted by gabysmom617 So your, ad/hdishness got worse with pregnancy too? Ok, at least I'm not alone. So... I've seen data to suggest that the hormones washing over an ADHD woman's brain while pregnant mimic the effects of ADHD meds, and that's what I exerienced... it was after I delivered dd that the ADHD reared its head so thoroughly, again.
Hi! This thread has tested my ADHD... I didn't make it through the whole thing, but I WILL. Just wanted to post and get in on the talking, right away! Quote: Originally Posted by heidirk Hooray! I find having ADD helpful in caring for kids. I remember vividly how being a kid was, so it's easy for me to look at him and say, OK...He's upset about X let's try THIS. I also found a neat book, The Gift of ADHD. I recommend reading that while you...
I'd like to go... dd may be a bit young right now, but 11 sounds like a fine age for it.
Some more books for children... A Treasury of Virtues The Goops Books are hilarious and old-school... very tongue in cheek: Quote: The Goops they lick their fingers, and the Goops they lick their knives; They spill their broth on the tablecloth, Oh, they lead disgusting lives! Goops and How to be Them: A Manual of Manners for Polite Infants Inculcating Many Juvenile Virtues Both by Precept and Example, With 90 Drawings A Child's First...
Hi everyone! Sorry I have been off the map for a bit! Have I already shared my weekly schedule?? (Full-time student, part-time home-blesser/house-cleaner, meditation guide/facillitator, Baha'i School teaching assistant, volunteer for American Cancer Society and Prenna's school... Whoo!) SO in between all of those things I have been lurking and just trying to find time to post. (I am supposed to be studying for a Statisitics...
Quote: Originally Posted by allgirls Where do manner fit? My 5 year old asked me for something and expressed gratitude so sincerely today when I gave it to her I was beaming with pride. It wasn't an automatic..it was genuine and heartfelt "thank you mommy" and I just kissed her in acknowledgement..then after I was like..could have identified it as a virtue. So that would be gratitude? Yes, gratitude, to be sure, which is part of...