or Connect

Posts by PrennaMama

Quote: Originally Posted by allgirls I think they are both ready to learn. I'm very excited to begin practicing this. Isn't it amazing how our dc's will signal to us their readiness to learn? I'm really excited to see your success! Quote: Originally Posted by I-AM-Mother okay, anything that gets these results with my family especially my children peaks my interest. Welcome to Virtues Parenting!! Make sure to...
Dd, almost 4, is all about them. Wants to feel my "soft and pinchy" nipples, snuggle the "nummie" and shoves her hand up the straps or short sleeves over my shoulder and into the chest area, giggling deliriously all the while. Just obsessed with 'em. Sometimes I set a boundary when she's clearly doing it as a test (when my poor mainstream mother is at dinner with us, at a restaurant, for example), and say something like "Please respect my body and give me some space." ...
Tonight at a council meeting for our school I did childcare for some of the parents. I overheard dd telling a story to the other kids, regarding a running-around careless fella she had witnessed at a play-place earlier today, who kept trampling the toddlers/wobblers in the matted baby-area, leaping over the mats, until eventually I intervened as his mother didn't seem to be present: Dd: ".. he was running around and yelling and pushed over little babies! His Mama...
Quote: Originally Posted by Unity9 It would be wonderful if we could start with respect, gentleness, cooperative-ness, understanding, patience, courtesy. I think we all need those most with our children. Recently, I've been having some issues with cooperativeness!! Hope we can practice these virtues soon with real life examples One thing I do, that works well with dd, is to clarify constantly. I don't introduce, discuss, or acknowledge...
And, would those of you interested in the intensive mind if we keep it here on this thread? That way folks that are subbing but maybe not participating may still follow along and benefit from the exploration.
Alright, friends! So, I just went to our Baha'i School yesterday, and touched base with some ladies on the subject of Virtues Certification and training, as well as using the VP in parenting. I told them I had started this topic and am hoping they will visit us, too. As for our intensive... let's begin by deciding what Virtue(s) we would like to focus our energy on in our homes. In my home, an on-going theme is Respect, but with my almost 4 yo, I try to 'populate'...
You go girl!
Quote: Originally Posted by Janelovesmax I love this thread. It sounds very interesting and I would like to join. How do I start? I need guidance. Also - are there Camps like that in New York? What is the youngest age? New York's Baha'i communities are active and large. Generally a camp like the one I worked at is hosted by Baha'is but can be also be hosted by other groups as well! You could start by looking into where your local Baha'i...
Quote: Originally Posted by mammal_mama So, I guess we're all just following our instincts, huh? -- unless we're not. Now that's profound -- but I'm not sure if I understand enough of what I really meant to clarify, Prennamama! Quote: Originally Posted by monkey's mom If needing the insight and redirection of others makes me not authentic, then that's OK. But left to my own devices? Not so hot. I'll take...
Quote: Originally Posted by St. Margaret Jumping in here-- I really, really like UP-- I guess Kohn just clicks with my instincts, and that's what his ideas are about: freeing yourself from societal mores about "good parenting" (ie rewards/praise/punishments/control) to follow your instincts. I find that what we do, which is pretty UP, really responds to my needs and feelings. I'm allowed to be a whole person, and relate to my DD as a whole person, not...