or Connect

Posts by PrennaMama

I am a guided meditation/hypno facilitator... maybe I can offer some ideas... I'll PM you right now.
Hi there mama! I too could not read and then not post... so I'm sending you warm wishes. My friend had some medical issues, too, that prevented her from nursing, so she ended up using a tube and snaking it around her neck, down her chest to dd's mouth, between her breasts, and med-taping it to one of them, so her dd still got all the skin to skin, nursie love, without the breast-milk that had the medication in it. Could you do something like that? Or would it impede...
Dd went thru a weird latch re-uptake thing around 2.5. I said "if you want to keep nursing, Mama needs you to do it so it doesn't hurt... can I help you out?" She said yes, and I flattened it out, told her to open wide and take as much as she could, because when she's just on the nipple it hurts, so more breast needs to be in there. Sje said it hurt her throat, so we compromised on a little less in the mouth, but Mama got to hold it in place for awhile until she got the...
When dd was 2, I gave a half-hearted attempt at weaning... for like 10 minutes. It didn't go over well for either of us, and then I found this board and felt so much relief that my decision was one that I shared with so many amazing women. Now dd's almost 4... aw! Dh and I joke that she'll be nursing til she can drink legally.
Dd told me the other day it tastes like love and safety.: I thought it tasted like Vanilla Creamer!
It's midnight. I'm a voluntary insomniac. The middle of the night is the only time I get to myself.
Okay. But move on from where? I was attempting to understand your post. It seemed out of context, but possibly full of inspiration. I'm still not clear on what your actual take is. Except that you said your take on parenting is: "that it is just like breastfeeding -very natural. The only thing that has changed over the course of time is the amount of emotional and physical support we get from other mothers. " I have no beef with you, and never questioned whether...
Quote: Originally Posted by pigpokey "Mother has no plans to discipline her child" statements are pretty harsh. Things are rarely so black and white. You should tell the mother that her daughter came on your property, removed your child's bike and tore off the streamers and you'd appreciate it if she went to the bike store and handled getting that fixed. You should also tell her that you'd appreciate her explaining to the daughter that she is not...
Quote: Originally Posted by boatbaby DS some blankies he's had since birth, and he LOVES them. But he doesn't NEED them. I try to make it a rule that unless we are traveling, they stay home (so they don't get lost) That way he always knows where to find them, in the family bed. We were in Hawaii the past few weeks visiting my dad. Near the end of the trip I was worried if DS was feeing homesick, missing daddy (who could only be there for about a...
Can you take something to help you relax, or listen to some music to help keep your mind off of this til you have had some rest? Be at peace, girl....: