or Connect

Posts by PrennaMama

Quote: Originally Posted by MommytoB they avoid the situation when it comes to confrontation I went down to mom's level and i said to her I do not like how you got into the way of saying this to my son then you continued to make fun of him when you upset him that was uncalled for because when it comes to his 'toys' we make a compromise' and she responded do whatever you want to i don't need a explanation totally avoiding the situation. It's just been...
Quote: Originally Posted by I-AM-Mother no. the statement speaks volumes. Ah, but you did clarify... thank you! So, it seems like what you're saying is: you take issue with parents getting help from people they perceive as experts instead of just using their natural abilities as parents to keep their kids in check. Is that right? And you mentioned economic class... would it be more permissable or palatable if Supernanny only went to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama Poot I don't know the specifics but I think what your sister is doing is borderline abusive. I had a friend in school whose mother did this kind of stuff and she was embarrassed and ashamed of it. I stayed the night at her house a few times and one time her mom came home from work with some friends and they got totally stupid drunk. The next morning we found her mom passed out on the couch with vomit on her face. No...
I asked because I was a nanny.
Did you want to clarify or anything?
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglyn This stuck out to me. I realize had I been in your position this would have infuriated me too (the implication being that you would just let him drown). However, as an impartial observer, I just have to ask, has this women experianced loss in her life? Death of a loved one or divorce, abandonment,etc. Because to me, this combined with her not even letting him spin or CHEW for petes sake, this women is terrified of losing...
Quote: Originally Posted by I-AM-Mother And she has the word "nanny" in her title, for heavens sake. What does that mean, btw?
Quote: Origianlly posted by I-AM-Mother I am amazed at the number of women who give birth to three and four children after attaining three and four degrees, earning great salaries and are still unable to have their children follow simple directions. It's priceless. Mothering is not a new. Supernanny places the responsibility back into the parents hands and while her methods and techniques may be a bit PG-13, she is just a television personality. And she...
Hi again from Virtues land! We're pluggin away, and many of my friends have adopted the VP approach with great success. Even dh is on-board now and has noticed the changes in dd's behavior. I had an audition the other night (fingers crossed) and arranged for dd to hang with Auntie, Uncle, and her cousin/best friend who is 4 months her jr. On the way there, I asked what virtues she thought she might need while at the Farmer's Market with Auntie, Uncle and Cousin? ...
How does your mom and aunt react when you try to talk to them about this behavior? Have you set a boundary with them about interacting with him in this manner?