or Connect

Posts by PrennaMama

: No sooner had I posted here than my supply VANISHED... from 12 oz a day to a couple of drops. I am drinking a Lact. Tea, and it's helped tremendously.
Starflower... I loved your post!! I can relate... :LOL
Thanks for the tip, I'd not thought of that. For us, kids will be welcome at the saying of the vows, if they prefer not to go off to the party. Interesting that in this discussion, and in the other one, the CHILD'S preference is not mentioned much. I have ADHD, I had a HARD time sitting still for 5 minutes, much less a whole wedding. Same with my man. Which is what inspired the idea... our own childhood preferences!
I started as a SAHM; and by pre-school, he'd like to be a SAHD, with hopes he'll be able to work on songs a little more, then. My job has room to grow, and endless potential, but it was a "now or never" opportunity; he's gone as far as he can, really. I wish I could just work from home... but I'm out in the field a lot. And that kinda inconsistencey is worse, I think, that not being the one who cares for her 8 hours a day. I feel like my work is on probation, a...
Huh... me too; we had the fan on all summer, and co-slept peacefully. It was in the window sill, and turning left to right all night... this is not ok?
So, this is an interesting one for ME, as my dh and I have just set the actual date of the actual wedding... next Oct. And we discussed this. We came up with, what I thought, was a good idea, and I'm interested in knowing what YOU think... Prenna will be almost 2, then. All her cousins and buddies will be 18mos-6years. We're thinking of sending mini-invitations to her cousins and buddies, along with the invites to their parents... that say "Join me for a Wedding Party,...
So, this is an interesting one for ME, as my dh and I have just set the actual date of the actual wedding... next Oct. And we discussed this. We came up with, what I thought, was a good idea, and I'm interested in knowing what YOU think... Prenna will be almost 2, then. All her cousins and buddies will be 18mos-6years. We're thinking of sending mini-invitations to her cousins and buddies, along with the invites to their parents... that say "Join me for a Wedding...
I went back to work because I LOVE what I do. But on the bad days, I really question if it's worth being away from dd. It's been 6 weeks that I've been back, and between not always being 100% about the dcp, and taking heat from a new, up-tight, old-school MAN-BOSS : , plus limited time with my full-time working + working musician-on-the-side-dh, and a house to keep together... I have doubts sometimes. Tell me this goes with the territory. I'm pretty tenacious,...
As a former pre-school teacher/nanny, I watched this scenario play itself out all the time. Now, as a mommy, I'm on the other side of the door. They really do relax as soon as their attention is diverted to something else, like playing. And it takes some kids months to bond with a care-giver. Look at it like this: You did a GREAT job building trust in your little one, and bonding with him. Now, he will learn he can bond with and trust *some* other people, as...
Thanks again, all you lovelies... Still going to steady on, but in my mind, she is on "probation"... keeping a watchful eye out for signs of trauma, or neglect...