or Connect

Posts by laurdsed

All the symptoms you describe are overactive letdown.  Gulping, projectile vomiting, colic, mucosy poops, intestinal problems/gassiness.  Read more here for description and solution tips. http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/ Laurel
I'm subbing to this thread b/c I also want to cut out sweets and sugar.  My question for you is, what is your definition of going sugar-free?   For me, I want to avoid all sucrose and artificial sweeteners.  I haven't decided yet if I feel it's OK to add a little maple syrup or honey to something (like the granola I make).  Any opinions?  I'm backing off completely for now.  I'm still trying to figure out how to not eat chocolate, though.  
Everything You Never Wanted Your Kids to Know About Sex (But Were Afraid They'd Ask): The Secrets to Surviving Your Child's Sexual Development from Birth to the Teens by Justin Richardson and Mark Schuster This book is great for those who don't know where to start and what topics are age appropriate. It's a guide for the parents in how to talk about sex and being a sexual being. We're a very matter-of-fact household and talk about body parts with their appropriate...
One of my favorite super easy and cheap meals that everyone in the family likes is tortilla soup in the crockpot (crockpot not mandatory...but the cp makes it easier). It's just opening up a bunch of cans in a pinch. What makes it popular with my kids is that they can control which toppings they want in the soup. Tortilla soup 28 oz. canned pinto beans (or 1.5 cup soaked dried beans) 28 oz. canned hominy 14 oz. canned enchilada sauce (we prefer Ortega for best...
I make fruit syrup for our pancakes since anything in the store usually has HFCS. It's super easy. Make a simple syrup using 1 cup sugar + 1 cup water. Add 1 T. arrowroot powder or corn starch. Whisk and boil for 5 minutes until thickened. Add 1 quart of frozen berries (we pick our own and freeze). Boil down for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn't boil over. Cool then strain the syrup if desired. I use a food mill b/c the kids don't...
Gov. Doyle did say that he would sign the bill if it passed. So, I'd say it's a done deal. Woo-hoo!
To my knowledge, this bill is still waiting in the Assembly Public Health Committee to be recommended to a floor vote in the general Assembly. Last I heard, they were debating the wording of the bill. Laurel
I'm interested to hear about what's going on in PA, Jake. Update us on another thread if you have time? So, actually, there was discussion during the hearing about the $200 fine. The discussion was not about that there's a fine attached with the bill (because there isn't). It was how would the fine be enforced. In WI, all bills that are in a "general provisions" category, ones that don't specify a fine, have a generic fine that becomes attached to it. This is the...
BTW, here's the link to AB 57's history: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2009/data/AB57hst.html Here is the link to sign up to be notified of any changes in legislation: http://notify.legis.state.wi.us/Home.aspx You sign up with an email address to register. Then click "Add items". It's pretty slick and easy, too!
That is correct, Jake. The semantics is where the debate is currently. Not so much as that it's that important, but, IMO, the Republicans want to be a pain in the butt b/c they're losing on the statewide smoking ban issue, so they want everything else to be as difficult as possible. Rhianynn, it is AB 57, the Right to Breastfeed Act. Here is the synopsis of what has happened so far. The bill has passed the Senate; however, not without a last minute surprise...