or Connect

Posts by kibba

I wipe and clean off the counters, clean up the tv room (pick up a blanket, bring any dishes to the kitchen) and then I clear off the kitchen table..usually random things end up there.
I wear casual day to day (I'm a stay at home mom) I have a closet full of clothing and I keep things just "in case" I might wear them. I have 3-5 nicer tops/outfits and I think that is the perfect amount, but I'm wondering what the perfect amount of casual tops is... I hate keeping stuff just incase I might decide to wear it. But they are all "good" clothing and I hate to get rid of them too... The closet looks a bit busy with so much in it. I live in the south so...
This is my daughters first year of school. She is in preschool and they have room moms at my daughters preschool. What I'm wondering is when the holidays or teacher appreaction day rolls around, is it okay to not participate in the class gift? I have so many cute ideas I want to do and I really don't want to do that AND give 5.00+ towards a class gift idea.     Is it OK to not give towards the big gift? Or is it REALLY frowned upon?
Like I said in my first post... " I don't have anything against kids playing them in general(but I think/hope it should be limited) "    Also my post wasn't about having kids be good "without entertainment" I just remember when kids would color with crayons, play with a toy car, or hold a conversation. This also wasn't about me judging them. It was more about the general idea of kids playing with Iphones/electronic toys all of the time.   " But there's still...
I've never felt comfortable putting no gift so what I do is we do not open gifts at the party. When we get home from the party I tell dd she can open her gifts later, she goes for quiet time and I peek at the gifts. If there's five gifts I might take 2 away. She's never realized I do this, not sure if this will work this year now that she is older. These are gifts from friends, not family. Things like a barbie, nothing really sentimental.
Still searching for this blog :(
Went out to eat today where I saw a 3 -4 yearold girl playing an Iphone as soon as they sat down (it was the little girl and a mom) she played it until the food came, and then as soon as she was done eating she played it again. I thought it was kind of sad. I usually don't judge other peoples parenting and figure we all do things differently. I went to use the bathroom and when I came out I noticed another table, a family and a girl aged 4-5 also playing an...
We went to our subdivisons 4th of July party. It's a huge/busy event. Kids were all over the place running around so I dd run around. I could see her from where we were sitting. DD who is 4 1/2 kept following two older girls around. I had her stop after a while because the girls while not openly annoyed, they didn't look like they enjoyed it (just didnt seem to acknowlede dd and I didnt want dd bugging them since they were older) So after a while dd saw some other kids...
My computer crashed and I lost all my favorites. I had a blog I would check daily because I enjoyed reading about her family. I think they were from a southern state, the kids sometimes have monogrammed intials on their clothing. She has one bio daughter that she calls "sunshine" and she has another daughter she adopted from Korea, and another from Africa, all three girls are pretty close in age and she is fostering a little baby boy that is about a year?   They had...
I think moms probably just using that as an excuse. If the boy is busy with activites it may be that she just wants to spend time with him. I'm also going to guess mom doesn't want him somewhere that she isn't (hence why he likes to play at his house vs yours)