or Connect

Posts by StarMama

I've got a scheduled c-section due to placenta previa coming up, and thought I'd join in a little ahead of the game here. I'm petrified of a c-section! I've got two vaginal births under my belt and am so so upset I have to do this.
I still take hot baths, and will go into the cooler hot tubs at our local place where you can rent a tub for an hour out under the stars and they have choices of temps. If I get hot I get out for awhile. If I get hot in the bath, I add cooler water. As long as your internal temperature isn't going up you're ok since that's the concern. I'm always in and out of hot tubs normally when I get too warm and hanging out with my feet in until I cool down, so not much different...
Ahhh olive oil sounds much nicer! Warm I can deal with. The medical wrap we used the first time around wasn't hot enough to make me feel burny or anything but the complete coverage of it and the heat was making me feel a little woozy and I'd like to avoid that. I'm a big mama too Sasha so the info is perfect, thank you! My hubby just sold a big weight machine in the garage for $100, so perhaps I can talk him into spending a little bit on some wrap if Michael's has...
And Corasmama, you've got a little Fiona too!!
Thank you all so much for the support mamas. I'm signing up for the ican site right now. I had two nurses that were both really wonderful and one who was there when I was admitted with Fiona as well. I suppose I could call the labor and delivery ward to speak to them? I need to get a darn date set up here first that I agree with! I'm going to be clear with the doctor "I will not agree to deliver before the first week of November unless there are clear medical reasons...
I feel for your friend mama, I just got out of the hospital for a previa bleed myself at 32 weeks and was so scared I was going to be having a preemie. 23 weeks, hopefully it will move out of the way for her before birth... but again I know that nailbiting time until 32 weeks for the ultrasound to check on it (I bleed the day after my 32 week ultrasound). At least in my hospital if the bleeding stops and mom/baby is ok you 'get' 3 bleeds before they decide that's it time...
I have complete placenta previa... so its not like its a question of if I need a c-section or not (and we will be checking again before the surgery just in case it moved) but I am so upset and miserable about this upcoming surgery. I've had two vaginal births with not even a single tear between them. The doctors I am seeing are so stuck up and on their high horses and so so busy I can't even speak to them for anything (perinatologists, my last baby was a stillbirth...
My milk is coming out in different colors at different spots on my nipples too (some clear, some white)!
Why don't you make another one Sasha? The Rigid wrap doesn't get hot? I'd love to be able to pick something up closer to home, we're running on a budget that won't allow me to order a kit until the 15th and I just want to have the supplies here and make sure my cast gets done for sure... as much as I adore the cream from proudbody I'd do with vaseline goo to make sure it gets done! How much did you order/use? My friend is newly pregnant and wants me to do a cast...
I've done belly casts for both Orion and Fiona. With Orion we got rolls at a medical supply shop, and with Fiona I ordered a kit from proudbelly.com. I really liked the cream to put on your belly from proudbelly instead of petroleum jelly goo. I had a doula with Orion and we did that cast in my bedroom. With Fiona we had already found out we lost her and I wanted the cast so we did that in the hospital room. Very bittersweet, the nurses were all interested and we...