or Connect

Posts by StarMama

Ugh. Oh my. She puts my MIL to shame (and with my MIL that's saying something). Its so HARD to deal with people that are this particular brand of crazy, isn't it? I hate confrontation. Hate, hate, hate it. Makes my anxiety go sky high, and my Dh doesn't do much better. So I completely understand just being frozen in those moments. It sounds like you don't *need* her help (you said you can afford to hire a sitter) and that's a great thing in your situation. ...
I told him several times last night how proud I was of him and how he did a good job and that he was not in the wrong at all, she was (because you could tell he was feeling guilty like a dog with his tail between his legs). Both DH and I have such a hard time with confrontation, especially in situations with manipulative people like his mom.
Regardless of if he dealt with it 'correctly' or not, I'm very proud of him. It was incredibly difficult for him to even say what he did to her, and I'm sure he was hoping that if he was gentle and hinting she'd get a clue (even though we all know that this *is* how she reacts, I'm sure he was just hoping for a better response). For someone who instantly feels like a little kid who's in trouble whenever they interact with their mom I'd say it took a lot of courage for...
Went to our weekly therapy session with Dh, and our friend was babysitting Orion at our home. We had planned on getting to relax and hang out afterwards, Dh and I haven't spent any time together in the evenings this week because I've been so tired and just fell asleep really early. We were really looking forward to hanging out with our friend after Orion went to bed. We come home to MIL on my couch who told Dh she's spending the night because she got into a fight with...
I'd rather have automated public bathroom doors! Door handles are so SO germy, and I feel bad when there is no trash nearby when I use the paper towel I dried with to open the door handle after washing my hands.... I mean where to throw this darn paper towel now? The disposable towels are funny too. You wash your hands, so they should be clean when your drying, right? I run a home daycare and my MIL (assistant on occasion) INSISTED I put paper towels in the bathroom....
I too have always enjoyed my boppy. I had a new one and a very very flat used one and liked having the two different ones as Orion got older. I also picked up a MBF at a secondhand children's store and while it was nice with the strap and *big* I didn't like how the cut of the pillow was taller at the outside and shorter at the inside. I'm sure it's helpful for keeping newborns *close* to you (especially with twins), but my nursling was older by then and he needed more...
I'd avoid the orange flavored one, it gave me such horrible heartburn. Why can't they just let us drink a soda instead (I know some moms wouldn't like that either, but at least I enjoy a soda!)?!
Ah yes, that sounds nice Jenn Religion is so complicated around these parts. I was raised baptist/non-denominational Christan and my beliefs do hold what I was raised with mostly/kinda, but encompass a lot more leeway about "this way being the ONLY way" and accepting and appreciating other religions as well... its hard for me to even get a grasp on it... I've spoken to Orion about it a bit here and there... and his father was raised baptist as well and doesn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMama My husband told me yesterday that Orion told him that he needs to go to church so he doesn't go to hell and gets to go to heaven. Immediately my husband knew it was Grandma who put those words into his head, and asking him about who told him that confirmed it. To be clear, Dh asked Ds "where did you hear that from?" and he said "Grandma."
I have been sick as a dog until today, so haven't even seen MIL (or spoke to her until yesterday when she called asking to bring ds swimming). Her church programs aren't what's teaching him these things. I've checked them out, gone and spoken to the children's church teachers, ect to make sure its a gentle children's program. Still haven't quite found the right wording for things, I know everyone is mad for me (and ds), but I know my MIL pretty well and I know...