or Connect

Posts by StarMama

This boy PEES at night! We had to supplement him because I never had a full milk supply, and he's still stuck on bottles AND nursing at night so he gets a *lot* of liquid in his tummy over the 10-12 hours we are in bed (like 4 to 5 bottles, 6 to 8 ounces of water/formula each! Eeek!). I really need some suggestions so our bed isn't soaking by the 8th hour. Right now we use fuzzibunz, stuffed with either 3 MOE inserts, or a premium prefold and 2 inserts (either MOE...
Oh CalgonMoment, my anger was not directed to you at all. You asked, not understanding, and really it DOES seem simple, doesn't it? Just refuse. Say No. It SOUNDS simple and easy... Before I had my experience and was still attending double appts with kaiser and my midwives that's what I thought too! That *no problem* **I** wasn't going to be pushed into a hospital birth, **I** was educated. **I** knew what I was doing. **I** would just say No! Its not the easy...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirky Ummm, Darshani, you had epidurals with both, right? Were they trying to do things to you before or after the epidurals? If you had your epidural in when they were trying to do things, then your head was not in labor land. I do have to say though, that even with an epidural I did have a very out of my mind, animal 'leave me alone in a dark dark cave' feeling... maybe part of the "out of my mind" was the meds...
Again, as has been stated over and over (on this thread and many others) its NOT a case of "just say no". They LIE to you. They tell you that your, or your child's life is at risk. Can any of the "just say no" mamas PLEASE tell me what you would have done in my case? The doctor saying you have pre-eclampsia (and you are only seeing a DOCTOR on top of your midwives because they thought the NST's were a "good idea"), you have to be induced now, you KNOW pre-eclampsia...
Aw but your poor mom!!! Orion's crying makes me all nerves and jittery NOW when I can't get to him to stop it, but when he was that tiny I could barely function if he was crying and I couldn't help him (I distinctly remember driving on a freeway and he was HOWLING and my fingers were SO tight on the steering wheel). And your poor brother! Dyan, I hope things go well for you and that Judge eats her words!!
I'm totally bewildered in a wonderful way! Dh is always always always telling me to just slap ds back, or pinch ds back, ect, ect. I always look at him like he's grown a few extra heads... Well today ds was trying to pinch my nipple while nursing and I complained outloud and Dh said "well just pinch him back!". I said "what? We're going to teach him to NOT do something by DOING it?!" Dh looked at me and said "Wow. That makes a lot of sence! You're...
Aw thanks!! I think Orion must KNOW that we're trying to get to a schedule! :LOL We should have been flipped around totally by today, but instead last night he slept from 4pm to 4am, and then we laid down for a nap today at 10am, and JUST got up at 11pm! WHAT THE?!?!?! I mean I was still exhausted too, so we're in sync, but I missed class tonight, and couldn't do half the packing this weekend that I needed to.... ARG!
oooh I'm loving this thread! I've tried so many crockpot recipes, after looking up recipes online and SO many of them are either gross, bland, or taste very VERY insta-foodish/processed, which is saying a lot for me, because while I'm an avid mothering.com AP mama, I'm not such a "natural" mama when it comes to food (although I would like to be, but it just seems like such a challange!) and find many "pre-processed" foods to not be total yucky (at least...
Quote: Originally Posted by librarymom I have one and I love it. I love it so much that my last babe isn't on it, b/c I can't bear to give it up. : Mine is from Artcarved (the class ring people), and it has three stones and their names engraved. I will look for a link... Um, so dunno if I'm reading you right or not, but can you "upgrade"? Like send that ring in and get your other child added somehow? I think that would be a really good idea...
I had a doula as well, and while she was great about really connecting with me prior to getting an epidural (I COULD have done it without the epidural, pitocin and mag sulfate and all if I wasn't stuck in that :curse bed!), as well as practically yelling "All right! Skin to skin, coming right up!!" when Orion was born into the very bewildered nurse's hands, and lifted my gown and guided the nurse to give me my baby. But what was she going to do when the doctors LIED to...