or Connect

Posts by laehmichal

Our Ava Regina arrived 7/29 at 2:34pm. She came like a whirlwind, and was 6 lbs 19". Only 2 days before her due date, and we had a real 'homebirth in the hospital' experience. Honestly, I was only there for 1/2 an hour before she was born, so what else could there be? It was amazing! Thanks for all the support along the way.
We actually used a version of both for ds. We read the Bradley book at home without taking the course, got the info we needed for dh to coach me, and I used hypbirth, which is a home-study cd series. It was the perfect combination for us. Dh knew what was needed from him, while I could concentrate on my prompts and relaxation. We had a hospital birth, and my labor nurse commented that my labor looked like what moms using hypnobirthing were trying to achieve - we hadn't...
My ds is just over 2, and he really isn't talking yet. I am getting conflicting info from everywhere, it seems. He signs pretty well, even puts signs together to form 'sentences', but won't speak past mama, dada, and a few other words. Some blame the signing, a friend with autistic kids immediately recommended speech therapy, others are critical that he isn't 'socialized' enough (i.e., with daycare!). Anyone have any experience with this? Ds is extremely cognizant,...
I've never used the charts, so I can't help you read your's, but I know that I can usually trust my gut. Do you think you are pg? I knew without knowing b/4 I took a test with either of mine. Try not to stress too much - I know that's easier said than done - but you may have some symptoms due to the stress. And trust your dh; I'm sure even if you are pg and this was not in your plans, if you two can handle 2 kids already you can handle this Let us know how things...
fun stuff! i'm 32 and a 1/2 weeks
Just wanted to see if anyone has experience I can learn from. With ds, I had a difficult pregnancy and was quite restricted through my 2nd and 3rd tris. I still delivered him 5 weeks early - he was fine, but very tiny, and gave us quite a scare showing up so abruptly. This time, I have been very healthy, and have no restrictions, but as I only have the one pregnancy to look back on, I am nervous now. I'm 32 wks, and as I've danced my whole life (other than my last...
Your labor sounds almost exactly like mine! ds was born 5 weeks early, my water broke at 6:30am and I still had no noticable contractions until 11am. When they finally started, they were 3 min apart and 1 min long!!! I used Earth Mama Angel baby cds for self hypnosis - I only got to practice for a week, though, since ds was so early. They worked VERY well, however, and I would've had no drugs at all if the hospital staff would've let me move a bit. They made me lie on...
Just to put in my 2 cents, I was only given the shot during pg because I started bleeding - turns out I had a small hematoma behind the placenta. Everything turned out fine, but even this time my mw said I would only need the shot antenatally if I have another bleeding complication. Other than that, my mw only gives the shot post partum when there's a -mom and a +dad. Of course, the lousy running joke is that he studied harder for the A+
I have an interesting problem. I am 10 weeks along with #2, and I can't seem to get into telling my own mother! I love my mom, don't misunderstand me. But she is very domineering, and really made it difficult when I was pg with ds. He also acts out drastically when he spends too much time with her - hitting, kicking, screaming, things he NEVER does with me or dh - and I am somewhat afraid that she'll increase her visits once she knows. She likes to give me advice, and...
Hi. We had our first prenatal appointment today, and they are sending us ASAP for a sono, becxause I am too big for my dates and they think I may be carrying more than one!! I had something of an inkling that I was, but dh is totally freakin' out: Would anyone care to share their own experiences? This is very unexpected - I was told for most of my life that I would be unable to have children, and now it seems we've had no trouble getting more than we planned on! We...