or Connect

Posts by lizzytpa

just thought this article would be interesting to you all**..... Diaper Genie Babies without diapers? No thanks. By Emily Bazelon Posted Friday, Oct. 14, 2005, at 11:27 AM PT They smell and cause rashes. The disposable kind is expensive, mass-produced, commercially packaged, and filled with clingy little polymer pellets. Who wants to defend the diaper in light of all its sins? It's a wrinkled-nose stance that's hard to get excited about, especially when the...
I must confess i used to do that to my younger brother when i was 16/17 and i'd take him to the park. I'd threaten to leave him if he did'nt come when i'd ask..he'd start crying and say ...noooo! I guess i wasn't thinking about his feelings just how to get him to listen to me. It didn't scar him, but i realize it wasn't a good idea to use threats. I'm still working on that (not useing threats or "blaming" others) with the help of my husband. I now have a soon to be 2yr old...
I started laughing :LOL when i heard this story because i'm sure as kids we all have the "weak moment" when there is candy or a treat we want, are told not to eat-but do it anyway.. ! I caught my soon to be 2yr old a few months ago after she got in the cookie jar. She figured out how to push the chair to the counter and get in the jar to steal the cookie all by herself..( I guess its a way for kids to learn problem solving..kidding) and i just had to laugh when i saw...
I can not imagine how my chlidhood would have been without barbie...i would have had to play "camping" with my brothers 500x a day! I was a tomboy when i was young and yes i had barbie too. Of course most of my barbies had some type of limb missing or deformity from doing transformer/barbie battles :LOL But anyway i can't wait to get barbie for my daughter. I bought her one from sal. army but she hasn't played with it much. She's sort of into puzzles (and when outside...
First i'd like to say that i feel sorry for these kids. It is one thing to cancel a prom if what these kids are doing affects the school (Ex. arriving drunk/drugged-leaving drunk/drugged). But if the parents or teens are paying for limos, dresses.etc...what right does he have to say how much is spent and on what! What happens off school grounds should not be ruled by school officials. That's what parents are for! My friends and i rented limos and stayed over at friends...
I am a first time mom who decided to Bf my daughter. My mom and granny were so "weirded" out.. but that's because they were raised in the bottle fed era. I think as much as people are open minded..there are still those who were raised in the same manner my relatives were raised. I had many times where it was a hassle to be "discreet" but i chose to be mindful of those who may not be "used" to the idea of bf anyway. Besides i was not comfortable in showing my goods to...
Yes . I usually make my husbands lunch the night before the next day and its usually fast stuff like sandwhiches@chips or micro lunches. If i'm tired i make it in the morning--his alarm wakes me up anyway and my daughter usually wakes up in time to see him off also. It is alot less expensive for us to have him take lunch than to buy. Also, we take turns cooking dinner, some nights i'll cook, sometimes he does and every monday we go to this mexican restrnt for 1/2 price...
I have a soon to be 2 yr old who will throw tantrums in public places. My husband, if he's with us, grabs her hands together and firmly tells her to "stop" and it seems to work. When we are alone (myself and daughter), i try the same thing and she just acts up more. I feel if i can stay firm costantly, hopefully she'll get the point (eventually) that "i'm in charge". It's not always about needs, when it is i think it's a good idea to meet them EX. dry diaper, snacks,...
I hope it works....even though the kids look bored. Maybe just maybe one of them is listening and will "take it in". Maybe they will get some kind of inforcement on how to treat others. Bullying is such a problem in schools today, in kids today! For a while actually! I'm glad schools are doing SOMETHING besides ignoring the problem, it all comes down to parents as well. I'm hoping to teach my daughter that no matter what, being a bully is unexceptable! I want her to be...
I have been t&tiing ever since i can remember... making homemade costumes and getting dressed up. Running house to house like a maniac with my two brothers and counting it up at the end of the night like it was treasure or something ...it was thrilling and so much fun how could i not take my 2yr old? I just am going to do it in moderation. I took her last year (just as a cute thing) to my grandmothers senior housing development and it put a smile on all their faces-not...