or Connect

Posts by zipworth

No judjement here! If I could, I would buy tons of nice, quality, toys and treats for my children. They really only get toys on their birthdays and Christmas. Last year we had more money, so our three got more. This year is a lean year, so they get less. I don't feel bad though, it will still be fun and specail. My son has ADHD and has been working very hard to earn a DS. We got him a used one and three games for a great price. He is also getting a back pack, 2 books,...
I hear you. I had 3 months of horrible anxiety, and now the Cymbalta is kicking in. I have had pretty awful anxiety my whole life, and tried many natural approaches including supplements, strenuous exercise, yoga, cognitive behavioural therapy, journaling, visualization, etc.,etc. Then one day I had enough and went on Paxil. I could. not. beleive. the difference. It was like a whole new beautiful world opened up that was full of peace. My anxiety became situational and...
I am so relieved for you . Thank goodness fer good health!!!
I am thinking positive thoughts for you. I hope everything is o.k.
Take a deep breath! It's going to be o.k. You do sound burnt out. Can you relax your parenting standards a little and put on a movie for the kids when your patience is getting low? It sounds like you need to focus on your own needs for a little while. I am sending you a virtual casserolle, box of chocolates, and a cup of tea.
You have all my empathy. Sometimes parenting is really, really, really hard, and when you throw a spirited child into the mix things can get complicated. I am there with you, my son can get aggressive with me at times although the older he gets the more reasonable he is starting to become. I would start by connecting with him on a one-on-one level for a few minutes each day, kind of like 'floortime' where he leads the play and you just follow along. This kind of...
Can you access some sort of support for spouses of those in the military? Here they have family resource centers that are put into place so that those whom are coping at home have emotional support. There is no shame in seeking help. I have sruggled with depression/anxiety my whole life and I know how awful and crippling it can be. I can't imagine going through this alone! Please go easy on yourself-turn the T.V. on as needed, buy prepared foods or takeout, and most of...
I get like this sometimes with other women, and to me it is a signal to disengage from the relationship. It's like all the things I don't want to be start rising to the surface around this other woman. I don't know why this doesn't happen with men? Anyway, I find myself being competitive, and petty, and mean in my thoughts about this other person. I really don't like turning into a 'mean girl' or a bully, so I cut myself off from them. I don'tdo it in a way that would hurt...
Use them instead of paper towels I use mine damp on the floor with my foot to give the floors a wipe.
I would probably say something like: "Cool! How did you turn the air bags off?' Then smile pleasantly. But I am a little passive-aggressive at times.