or Connect

Posts by Snowdrift

Definitely the lamb. Also the ground beef--if one can't find a sale at a grocery store. Good price, great quality, easy to break up into freezer packets bc of the way it's packaged. Kirkland bottled water : I need bottles of water to stay hydrated and they are the best/cheapest And baking soda/vingar. Pretty good prices. I don't like they're chicken. It's generally half-frozen--frozen and partially thawed--which seems to me unsafe and kinda icky.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla I don't understand about not locking doors at night either. I don't keep the house locked all day when we're home and awake, but when the house is vacant, and when all the occupants are asleep, we lock up. We're in a safe neighborhood and everything, but why make ourselves easy targets? Because I'm more worried about being hot than about being robbed. Out living room windows don't open, so our only ventilation...
Quote: Originally Posted by lszadk Is the Ball Blue book good for beginners? As in, never I have never done, nor seen this done before? I would really love to can some of the insane amounts of tomatoes that are going to come out of my garden! Tomatoes can be water-bath canned, which is a lot simpler than pressure-canning. It's lower-acid foods, like most vegetables and also anything with meat in it that requires pressure canning.
I take the insert out right away because I don't like messing around with dirty dipes. Everythign goes in the pail ready to be dumped in the machine.
I got to help rework lecture notes on the Hellenistic world tonight. I *love* working with history and rarely have the opportunity anymore.
My limit for canned goods is five years if they've been stored well. I threw out some cans that had been through a move and stored in a hot place. Probably coulda' used them but they icked me out. Expiration dates are not that important.