or Connect

Posts by kkeris

Hoping to get as many replies as possible, just want to see what everyone thinks. Do you have friends who are just alot more passive and less enthusiatic about you than you are towards them? These are not people who are generally like this towards some of their other friends (I know because we share other common friends) due to personality/habits, etc. I have a couple of friends whom I really adore, they are such nice and wonderful people, and hanging out with them...
Thanks for ALL the replies, I really really appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. vegasgirl, your reply touched a deep part of me somehow. I AM the naturally complicated-dramatic type of person tho I've always tried my best to be as logical and fair as possible when treating my kids, and to spare them of my dramatic nonsense (my DH is not spared as much tho lol! And, my mum IS exactly like that (gee, I wonder where I got my drama from?) but x10 and she...
Quote: Originally Posted by TinkerBelle Your feelings are not ridiculous. Not at all. However, I think you may want to step back and put things into perspective, just a tad. All 3 of my sons have done this. I actually embrace it. I loved to watch them, as toddlers, get SO excited because "Daddy is home!" My husband also does the bedtime routine with all 3 boys, who are now 11, 10, and 4. I don't mind it at all. My oldest seems to relate better...
mama rana, You know what the thing is? I TOTALLY play with ds and I actually enjoy it! I do not think that (despite all the other stuff I actually need to get done around here) I spend lesser time connecting/carrying/playing with ds than dh but thats obviously not an issue in my case. My ds has always shown an obvious preference for DH since day one, but it intensified BIG time since my dh returned from a 2-week working trip. Now my ds actually consistently cries...
I am a fulltime sahm, and my younger son (I have another dd, going 5) who is 15months obviously prefers dh when he is around (late evening onwards on weekdays and both days on weekends). To give him credit, he IS a very involved and participative dad, and does as much (if not more) as I do during times he is around. He is also the one who wakes up to pat our baby back to sleep when needed, the one who carries him whenever around etc. This, I am very thankful for. But...
After reading the 'how together are you?' thread, it struck me why our lives are so disorganised and stressful on some day- because I have no plan and dont know where to start! I am a sahm to a 2month old and a 3.5yo who goes to daily preschool in the mornings. My DH works from 8am to 7pm on an average day so I basically get no help in the daytme. I am desperately trying to find some sort of a routine/plan thingy for us so that things are more predictable (for me, for...
Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a single reason to maintain a 'friendship' with a person like this. I have no time for energy vampires.
Any idea if they would be as good if I used wholemeal pastry flour instead of white? And what do you do with the rest of buttermilk after you used some to make the pancakes? I dont normally use buttermilk for anything else, so I imagine it might be quite a waste?
I do not have family that I can count on for any help ever, unless my DH is counted- but then he IS the dad of my kids. Even though your DH works long hours on weekdays, can he take some time off on weekends? Even 3-4 hours a WEEK on a weekend will make a difference, plus he probably can do with this bonding time since he is away so much at work normally? I will not be able to survive and stay sane without getting my DH to look after DD on weekends while I bolt off to...
Yup, I'm fine with it cause its hardly life-altering or damaging in any way. I would have done the same. My dd has a pretty good memory about these things, especially when she hates getting booboos on her that actually hurt, so if its were my DD, she'll probably remember this lesson for a good while.