or Connect

Posts by Starfire

Thanks for the information. I will defently use this. I was hoping to get more pepole to respond. Any responce is good. I want a well rounded paper. Starfire :
I am doing a paper for school. And I need help with this topic. I am writing how the two are very different, and I need quotes from people who do not agree with that and who agree with it and why. And I just found out I can ask people and use what they say in the paper. So if you would please... Do you think that genocide is a subset of rasism and why? Do you think genocide and racisim are two different things and why? I need to have a rough draft by Tuesday...
ParkersMama I think all that you are doing is great! Quote: Originally posted by LoveBeads believe me when they are tantruming, the only thing on their mind is complete loss of control and it is frightening. I use to think the same thing, But as ds got older I started to say at the start of a fit "now look at what you are doing" say this in a gentle voice. That way he can be angry, mad, upset and still able to think about his actions. And...
How about pure Maple syrup??
I really wanted my DS. The reason I had him so young is so I would be able to play with him longer. My mom got tired quickly. Later I found out is because she had a few of us. So when things get hard, my mother reminds me that I had ds so I would have some one to play with. In some ways I should have waited, but boy do we have fun and he is so smart!
Quote: Originally posted by daylily Interesting insight. So, do you think that what many children are learning is that early America somehow came with slaves--like they were here, waiting to be slaves when Europeans arrived, or that slavery had been a constant since the beginning of time and the early Europeans simply brought their slaves with them when they came here. I guess these are the conclusions children would come to if they are never taught exactly...
I am like isleta. Single mom with ds who is 7 and dd who is 10 months. Ds says he'll sleep with me forever. I know I slept with my mom till I was close to 11 or 12 then she got married. So us kids had to get our own rooms. So in our family I would be so suprized if a kid said, where's my room.
Have you figured out what has been causing the decay? My son had lots of decay but it was from Lead posioning, so with him it was a matter of getting the lead out of his sytem and eating foods with Irion and calcium, which lead acts like. So then the body doesn't store the normal amounts and they have to get more than normal amounts. So the first thing is to find out what is causing it, and then to get lots more calcium. Hope that helps.
I am a young mother slowly figuring out some very important thinks in my life and my children’s lives. It dawned on me last week how inappropriate the school system is when it comes time to teach about the different historical cultures in America. It is Black history month and my son, who is Ojibwe mixed with African heritage, is coming home excited to give a speech about Martin Luther King. I encourage this it is good to know about him. They learned about the slaves,...
It has been a while since I have posted any thing! It is great to read where other baby's are at that are the same age as my little girl. She just turned 6 months on the 20th. She started grabing at food, so we started the cereal and she loves it. She is not put down enough to learn to crawl, but she sits up good (for 5 minutes then some one picks her up) And my son who is 7 loves to play with her, but has been caught picking her up a couple times and droped her...