or Connect

Posts by oldcrunchymom

Your diet looks fine.  I don't see anything major wrong with it unless you're sensitive/allergic to some aspect of it (like gluten).    I worked for a sleep doctor for a while and for most people drugs (including melatonin) are only a temporary fix--to permanently fix sleep problems you have to work on your sleep hygiene and setting up a good sleep schedule that will work for you.  Good luck.
Are there any other ethnic or American groceries around you?  A lot of Indian ingredients (including red lentils and yellow split peas) are also used in Spanish cooking.  I've had luck in the Goya section of our stores here (I know they might not have Goya there, it's just a comparison).  
Well.  My house is messy.   It's actually well organized but it's only 500 sq ft so if five things are on the floor it looks like a huge disaster.  Plus, I suck at doing dishes, so there are ALWAYS dishes in the sink except sometimes on Friday nights after my kids go to their dad's--I might do them all then because I know the sink will stay clean for the weekend.  Right now, there are a bunch of spices standing in the middle of the kitchen floor because I cleaned out and...
Bare minimum:   Diapers & wipes Clothes Carseat (like someone else said, you may need one for emergencies even if you don't drive) LOTS and LOTS of towels   A stroller or carrier is real nice to have, since it's not very realistic that you'll be able to carry the baby for hours in your arms every time you go out.  I found the swing useful too, but again, not an absolute necessity.   Things like teethers you can buy as the baby needs them.  You...
Thanks for the replies.  I think it most likely is CP, but a mild case.  She was really itchy yesterday but today is less so.  The rash started on her face and quickly progressed to her upper back/chest/neck.  She has some on her upper arms and a little bit (much milder) on her tummy, with just a few blisters here and there on her legs.  It seems to have stalled out at present.  The fever ended by Saturday morning and the rash appeared sometime soon after that.  I looked...
I don't know if there are an illogically high number of high-IQ individuals worldwide, although it would be interesting to see sources of data on that.  On this board and on internet parenting boards in general, sure, the number is not in sync with what should be a "normal" distribution.  Poverty certainly does limit opportunities and in some cases brain development due to malnutrition, etc.  If we could magically and accurately test the IQ of all six billion human...
Look, anyone who thinks these tests need to be re-normed needs to travel more outside of urban/suburban areas.  Trust me, a 100 IQ is average and the majority of people still fall around there.  The MDC population skews smart.  Your kids as a group are smarter than average.  MDC is full of people with questioning minds, non-conformist thought, and progressive ideas (as compared to the rest of the population).  People with these traits tend to be smarter and tend to...
My ds is 15 and has been left handed since birth, but he bats righty.  However, he has never, ever attempted to eat or write with his right hand except on a lark to laugh at how badly it comes out.  It's not a natural motion for him at all.
Does anyone have any pictures of these or know where I can find some good pictures of mild/average cases of the condition?  I think my daughter might be developing CP but when I Google, all the pictures seem to be of extreme cases.  For the last five or so days, she has had a cold, sore throat, and now she has acne-like bumps on her face/chest/back/upper arms.  She's 13 so honestly I'm not sure if it's just a sudden case of acne (she has her period at the moment) coupled...
I had my first just after I turned 23.  All the moms in my moms group back then were 10-20 years older than me, LOL.  Now my kids are teenagers and it's weird to think I'm the same age those moms were back then!  Gettin' old. ;)