or Connect

Posts by Laura7169

Hi everyone, Some good friends of ours are having a diaper-free celebration this coming Saturday. They have 4 children and finally, after 9 years, they are all out of diapers. I would like to give them a creative present to celebrate, but I'm all out of creativity. Any ideas? Laura
Thanks so much, Maria. I will look at that site now. I know that there are so many choices for so many different symptoms and I appreciate the direction!
My husband works in a health food store, so all I have to know is which one is the best for my ds. Right now he is sneezing and has a bit of a runny nose. His cheeks are red and he's a bit warm to the touch. We are going out of the country in 10 days, so I'm really concerned with making sure ds is healthy enough to make the flight/trip. Thanks!
Thanks so much for moving my question here from the archives. I had no idea what I was doing! I'm still trying to figure out why this has happened to me, and I'd really like the medical journal articles to prove my dentist wrong. Not that I'm that type of person normally, nor that I dislike my dentist--I do like him, he's a friend of mine. Thanks again.
I have two kids, one is 8 and one is 13 months. After each pregnancy and a few months of breast-feeding, I have gotten the only cavities I've had in adulthood. My dentist insists that there is no correlation between breast-feeding/pregnancy and calcium and other nutrients leeching out of your teeth. My gut tells me otherwise. Do any of you have any good info for me about this? Thanks!
My 14 month-old son has been diagnosed with 5th disease (however, I'm hesitant to fully agree). He had a bit of a rash around his month for the past week-10days. Last night he threw up half of the night and he woke up with red cheeks from his chin to his forehead (this disease is also called slapped cheek disease since it looks like someone slapped his cheeks). He also woke with a low-grade fever which has gone up as the day has progressed. Does this sound like...
I was wondering what all of your experiences have been... I'm a bfing mom, at least 6-10 times per day. With my dd, I didn't have my period back until she was 15 months old (I bfed her for 2 1/2 years), but for the past 3 weeks or so, first I had increased mucous (I had almost NO mucous up to that point), then it got more yellow (almost bright) and now I have been spotting for the past, 5-6 days. Hmmm.... I just don't know what to think, and I don't know where to start...
My sweet, dear son will not allow me out of his sight unless he is with dh. He will not even let my parents hold him. He begins to scream and cry as if he's being tortured! I've read in the books that it is a "normal" thing and even a "good" sign of his attachment to me and to dh. I love him dearly, but can't handle much more of this. The books say it may not peak until 2 years of age! We are going to Italy in May to visit dh's parents (the grandparents) and it will...
Thanks to everyone for their input. I very much appreciate every positive and negative response. I am much more concerned about side-effects than I am about whether or not an IUD is an abortifacient. I like the idea of certain of the IUDs being relatively hormone-free. I don't like the idea of a foreign thing being inside my body, but like even less the idea of being pregnant again!
Please, I'm researching bc methods, am BFing and w/DD didnt get my period back for 15 months. I have the TCOYF book, but at this point don't notice anything helpful except cervix position. I just CAN'T get pregnant again. It would be too much. I want all positive and negative advice and information. Thanks!