or Connect

Posts by mama2jonah

This is so weird! I've never really had this problem before. But I have this chiro that has helped me alot, in fact he's practically restored my health. But he uses this technique, NMT, that seems similar to hypnotism to me, but it's not. You never lose possesion of your higher faculties during a treatment. It just accesses the autonomic control system. But I have read that some hypnotism patients inexplicably develop attractions to their hypnotists. So now I'm...
High laralee. It's really interesting that you posted this now. I just finished a post about how stressed I've been. I just want to thank you so much for your honesty. You're not alone in your feelings. Many of us feel overwhelmed. I think a lot of the reason for this is that we create very high standards for ourselves, and then when we can't live up to them, we feel guilt. That's what I've done to myself. Don't give up, you are the right mother for your...
I apologize if I sounded a little harsh. I've been going through a very difficult phase with my boys. So when I hear people perkily declare that they are perfect mothers, I wish they would qualify that statement with an admission that they do have bad moments and days. I do tend to feel guilt about each and every small mistake I make. Every time I know I'm being lazy or negligent, I say mean things to myself in my head. I just never realized how difficult this would...
I think it's very important to be honest about this subject. I think there's a lot of moms out there who are not only dishonest with others about this, but dishonest with themselves as well. Many of us seem to be operating under the assumption that a less than perfect mother is deserving of all kinds of criticism and derision. The truth is that mothering is d--- hard! I'm going to be completely honest and say that there are days when I feel that I should have...
This is so awsome! Wouldn't it be cool if the results of the survey were slightly skewed because so many of us reported our homebirths?! At the very least, I hope they mention in the results how many women actually believe in natural, drug-free birth.
I've been going through some kind of identity crisis lately, and my body is one of the things that is bothering me sooo much. Like candiland, I used to take my thin curvatious bod for granted. In fact, for me, I actually thought that I must not be pretty enough becouse my friend with the huge boobs always got more attention from the guys! But now after having two big baby boys, my perception about my body is that it is wrecked. My youngest is now 2 1/2 and close to...
Have any of you ever read Gene Logsdon? He's so down to Earth and really talks common sense. He feels that "the good life" is available to everyone who is willing to work for it. But he's not talking about the big house the the 'burbs, the SUV, the exclusive private schools, 'egyptian cotton sheets', etc. He's talking about the pleasures of living on a farm. He has made it happen for himself by making most of his living with his writing. The rest of the time he...
Great!! Keep 'em coming!
My Midwife just emailed me that American Baby is doing a birth experiance survey. She suggested that us homebirthers do the survey so that we would be better represented (you all know the kind the reads American Baby!) So I did the survey, it's very quick and easy. Maybe if we all did it they would get a better idea of how many people really feel homebirth is the best way to go. www.americanbaby.com
Painting, drawing, what's that? I haven't done that in so long. Just recently I realized that I really am denying a huge part of who I am by treating my creative side as unimportant. But at the same time, nobody is going to treat me to some alone time by watching my kids just so I can get creative. It's not something most people even know I do. But I know I need to somehow find the time, I'm simply not healthy without that outlet. Just as an aside, one...