or Connect

Posts by jeannineb

I think you might have a difficult time finding a provider who will allow a water birth.  I did have one 9 years ago in Marion (Heartland Med Center) but with my last pregnancy I was totally shut down.  The hospital had a really nice moveable birth tub but they will no longer use it as far as I know, citing cleanliness issues according to the person spoke with on the phone.  They claimed that the tub could not be properly sanitized, but in reality, they probably just...
Thank you all.  I am feeling ok.  I have lost 2 pregnancies before this one, so I kind of know the routine.  But it is never easy.  Thanks for your kind words.
Sorry to report that we are losing this baby. Ultrasound confirmed very low heart rate and collapsing yolk sac yesterday after spotting then bleeding since Thursday.  Best wishes to you all.   Jeannine
I have had two water births, one hospital and one at home.  Both fast and easy labors.  I will be using a homebirth mw and an ob office.  My mw is a lay mw and cannot order any tests etc, and so I like being established with an ob in case I need them.  I am using a new Dr. this time and I am not sure how it will go when he finds out I have had a homebirth.  I don't want to lie, but I am not sure I am going to be totally honest about my plans.  I will probably feel out...
I have had an ectopic pregnancy, so they like to make sure mine's in the right place.
If we have a girl, my husband wants to name her Jemima.  I think he secretly wishes we were British so that we could get away with it without getting looks.    With our son, we tried to think of the most hated names we could come up with, then when people asked us what names we had in mind we would tell them the fake name and watch their reaction.  It was pretty funny, we really got my niece.  We have a thing about not telling people the names we are thinking about...
Ninetales, my house is suffering too!  I had a sick kid this weekend and was feeling really lousy myself.  I had big plans to get some things with our horses done this weekend and they got squashed due to various reasons.  I am embarrassed to admit I spent the rest of the day pouting.  Sunday was better.  We had fun plans get canceled because dd still had a fever but dh came home after church and took over so I got out to do some shopping. Mostly groceries, but it was...
This thread is making feel better, I feel so bloated and chubby too!  Cecilia's Mama, my belly looks just like yours.  I feel like my 1st baby blew out my lower belly and my 2nd blew out the top!  I don't think my muscles ever came back together completely after baby #2. It doesn't help that I am short, very short-waisted and busty.  I am not one of those long, lanky, skinny pregnant women that look like a toothpick with an olive on it!  I agree with being happy to...
I already had a girl dream and all my other pregnancy dreams were right for my first two kids.  I guess it's possible to go three for three.  So, thinking pink for me, but I would be happy with either.  
Yay for slings!  I have a ring sling, a pouch-type sling and an Ergo.  I don't have the newborn insert for the Ergo, though.  I need to figure out how to nurse the baby in the sling, that's going to be my challenge, I am so HUGE when my supply comes in!  Anyone know if that is alleviated if you have been nursing another through the pregnancy?  Oh my, that would be nice, wouldn't it?  I too, got to spend lots of time holding and nursing both my kids, my first 2 were 6...