or Connect

Posts by TranscendentalMom

I'm suprised about some people's interpretation. Its not saying you'd be rich if you just "tried enough" In fact, its just the opposite...the things that happen to us are just what we expect to happen. So if we "try" to think something positive is going to happen but on a subtler level don't believe it...it doesn't usually happen. I think there's some value in The Secret. I do believe in it. I didn't like the emphasis on materialism in the movie and I think its a...
Mine are 2.5 years apart and I love it now (they are 5.5 and 3) but it was very hard for me in the beginning. My older child didn't really suffer from jealousy - I just had trouble meeting everyones needs and maintaining my sanity at the same time. My advice is to expect it to be hard for a few years and then if its not, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The moms I know that had the hardest time with a 2nd were the ones thinking having another baby wouldn't be that hard. Its...
I haven't read all the responses. I probably wouldn't have a 3rd in your circumstances but I don't have baby lust so that's easy for me to say. Every once inawhile I get pangs but that's all they are...just fleeting feelings...not a deep desire. We considered having 1 kid and when ds was 2 I started craving a baby. Then (and maybe this was my baby lust hormones going) one day ds was playing in a creek near my house and I could literally FEEL the presence of another...
With these kinds of comments, so much depends on the intent behind them. When I see someone genuinely thinks I look good and wants to share it - I accept the compliement. I used to be super skinny in highschool and have gained at least 30 lbs since then and someone I ran into who I hadn't seen since I'd had kids said "you've gained weight but it really looks good on you...I hope you keep it on!" I could tell the person that said it genuinely meant it as a compliment. I'm...
I really try not to make comments like this. I have so many people in my family that discuss peoples weight (their own and others) SO much that I really dislike ANY attention or conversations that revolve around weight. I also remember hearing once from a friend who was anorexic how difficult it was to get all these compliments and attention for her appearance...meantime she knew she wasn't healthy. She said the compliments made it that much harder. However, one thing I...
Great article - did anyone read it? I'm trying to see if there is a link to it online anywhere because I'd like to forward it to a few friends. Anyone know if there is one? Thanks!
So please forgive the long, possible annoying rant but my mind is doing some overtime on this one! My little man is starting kindergarten in a few weeks and suprisingly, I actually feel really good about that. I feel sad in a way but he really does seem ready and he's going to a small charter school that seems like a nurturing environment. However dd is 3 and she is enrolled in a Montessori preschool 3 days a week 8:30-2:30 which starts in a few weeks. I really like...
I haven't read all the responses but I think it mainly depends on the INTENT behind it. The fact that she's always IMing him at work seems a little suspect. I keep in touch with a lot of guy friends via email and facebook and I don't see a thing wrong with it. Its very clear to me that the intent on both sides is very innocent. Dh always asks me about who they are and what my past relationship was with them and I always tell him. IMing is a little more personal tho -...
Mine are 2.5 years apart so not quite that close but yeah, it definitely gets better. Mine are 5 and 3 now - dare I say that this summer has been.....easy? My advice - get all the help you can. Relatives, mothers helpers, babysitters, DON'T FEEL GUILTY. Most moms I know wish they got more help when in your situation. I've never met anyone who said they regret getting help. Otherwise the whole experience becomes a nightmare and you feel like both kids are getting the...
That's so funny, my 5 year old and I are reading James & the Giant Peach too. Luckily, he isn't reading yet so I just edit. He is very sensitive and could never handle a kid being beaten by his aunts! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a little better. We really like the Magic Treehouse Series. Also Little Bear series is pretty sweet.