or Connect

Posts by TranscendentalMom

My dh can be passive aggressive at times - typically the pattern goes...he acts like everything is fine and he's going with the flow, later something sets him off and then it all comes out - all the times he's been doing the things I want to do (but saying he didn't care), all the times he's been annoyed but never said anything. Sometimes he'll talk on the phone and I'll hear him say "Its no problem, no problem at all. anytime" and then hang up and vent to me about how...
My dd just turned 3 and while 2 was hard with her (actually shes always been hard!) she is getting even more wilfull at 3! thank goodness she's my 2nd and I've had some practice at discipline with ds who was a lot easier. But still, I feel like I could use some specifics on how to deal with stuff? I mean, this girl goes nuts if her favorite spoon isn't available. Basic things like brushing teeth or hair are NIGHTMARES daily. Anyway, any recommendations would help. thanks.
Timely post...the past few weeks I've been singing the song 'i'm so lucky...things are getting so wonderful!' I have a 5 and 3 year old, summer is here. Then I have a day like today. Nothing went right. I really don't feel like reliving it but let me just say that toward the end of the day my dd was stung by a bee which normally would upset me and bring up mother bear like concerns but I had to dig DEEP just to pull up some basic patience and empathy to deal with it. I was...
for my kids preschool graduation, the other kids all wrote things that they appreciate about the kids graduating and then they walked over a bridge and got a little flower. i think you could totally do something like that - i think the bridge represents passing from one thing to the next
Quote: Originally Posted by Hazelnut What That is Nice said. I used to read the Atlantic. It was interesting til they began publishing too many conservative articles. I think I stopped reading over some ridiculous "boys aren't treated fair in school" article. Boys being treated unfair in schools has been a subject of many recent articles and books. I didn't read the article you are referring to but that perspective is hardly a conservative one....
Quote: Originally Posted by natensarah Yes, but like I said, if I hadn't had children, I would have gone on to grad school or law school. So her argument should be...don't have kids? My dh and I were making the same amount when I had dd, except that my job had benefits. We decided that I would stay home because it was easier. I think in Linda Hirshman's book she recommends to women that they one have 1 child because its easier to balance...
I like all your names - I think I have similar taste. Out of your names I'd probably choose Violet. I think I would have named my daughter that but it didn't go well with our last name. Some others on my list Ella (my daughters name) Tess Fiona Isabel Kate/Katherine Annabel Anouk
Funny and insightful article about feminism, working vs. staying at home... http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/working-moms What do you think?
http://www.npr.org/templates/player/...407&m=15236089 SHARON JONES - "NOBODY'S BABY" Ooohh I dont let you here? ooohh All by yourself ooohh well it ain't my fault baby ooohh You treated me like a fool oohhh well it ain't my fault baby Oohhh you treated me so cruel but you know what I aint nobody's baby I aint nobodys fool i aint nobodys baby Get yourself a new one its a matter of fact ooohh i expect i cant tell you that oh no ooohh if what...
Actually, I just asked her today and she said an ice cream store with pretend ice cream cones - any ideas? Also I think she would love something like a Strawberry Shortcake house - is there a wood version of something like this?