or Connect

Posts by mamatoablessing

No. We have acres of conservation behind our home which is part woods, part swamp. Living in Florida we worry about bears and gators but my concern is mostly with the snakes. We regularly see water moccasins, rattlers, cottonmouths, copperheads and coral snakes all over our neighborhood. They're huge pain the ass, actually. In the summer, we basically have to walk a grid in the yards to check for snakes before the kids play. Woods are definitely off limits. That...
Please stop telling me that I said things I did not. Both my posts make reference to the fact that the call was uncomfortable (please see most recent). Do you only have easy conversations with friends or do you occassionally talk about something deeper? I did not say the call wasn't a big deal. It was...that is why I posted here in the first place. But I do think that real friends can and should be able to speak candidly and frankly with each other. I'm not saying...
For whatever reason, I'm having trouble with the quote function...it's not posting my replies, only the quotes.   In no way did I call my friend (the mom) and interrogate her, as a poster assumed up-thread.  I called her and we had a conversation.  In my group of friends, we talk, we share, we are honest with each other.  Was it 100% comfortable to do so?  No way.  I even prefaced the conversation by apologzing for the awkwardness.  But I was able to take away an...
Beenmum,   Please go back and re-read my initial posts so that you have accurate and factual information. I never once said anything about being angry. I did say I was bitter. I was bitter. I was bitter because I was going to have to deal with DD's hurt and sadness and her feeling left out. How is that entitlement? I also never said that another child should be cut so that mine would be included. Additionally, I never asked or expected the mother to "shell out" the...

Thank you for this.  Yes, we are close friends so not just a casual classmate at school or something.  I admit the conversation wasn't easy but I'm glad I did it.  Otherwise I never would've known why DD wasn't invited. Thank you also.  While I'm not necessarily looking for validation it's nice to read others who also might feel the same way as I do.   The mom was surprised that it was already being discussed at the bus this morning and I have a feeling she will be...
Well, I couldn't wait for tomorrow so I ended up calling the mom just now.  It was an uncomfortable situation...I'm pretty sure the mom wasn't prepared to be confronted (although I dd it very gently).  Seems that the birthday party is a mani/pedi thing that costs $25/head so mom told daughter that she could only invite 6 kids.  My DD didn't make the cut.  It sucks and I'm bitter.  I completely understand the whole cost thing and that inviting too many girls would be...
It was being dicussed at the bus stop this morning.  The kids were talking about getting the invitation.  DD didn't hear them but I did.  I think I will ask the mom tomorrow at the bus stop.  I just feel so sorry for DD.  She's going to be heartbroken when she realizes she's been left out.   
This is a neighbor friend who we are quite close.  Our families hang out often, kids play outside, girls sit next to each other on the bus to school, do weekly family BBQ's and pool parties, etc.  My DD wasn't invited to her birthday party and I can't figure out why.   The other 4 girls on the street were.  The ONLY thing I can come up with is that because my DD is a year younger, she was inviting only kids from her class/grade?  I'm at a loss and feel really bad for my...