or Connect

Posts by mamatoablessing

The Little Drummer Boy...hands down.   And I'm not a big fan the Christmas Shoes song either.  It feels too contrived.
  Ditto.    I have recently discovered grilling pizza (vs. baking it) and it has changed my life.  It is truly fantastic.  Plus, when you tell anyone you're making grilled veggie pizza with homemade dough and pesto, it sounds really gourmet.  :)  No guilt necessary, as far as I'm concerned.  
Anyone have this?  We have yet to introduce any kind of gaming to our kids, but this looks so neat (a lot like WII but doesn't use a controller of any kind, just works with your body's movement).  We can get the Xbox for free (BIL works for EA) but we'd have to spend about $150 on the Kinect.  Our kids are 6 and 4.  What do you think?   P.S. We do not even own any kind of video game, so this would be new to all of us.
I've got my holiday cookie exchange in our neighborhood on Friday so today I thought I'd try out the recipe I want to bring:  Cranberry Crumb Bars.  They turned out really nice, but I'm afraid the cranberry filling might be a little too tart, especially for kids.  Just wondering what I could do to sweeten it up, without making it too sweet.  Right now, the filling recipe calls for 4 cups fresh cranberries, 1 cup sugar, a few teaspoons of orange juice and vanilla.  Should...
Love the idea, and I think folks appreciate a holiday get together that isn't in the evening or taking up a Saturday afternoon.  I just went to a little neighborhood "spa party" at 9am a few weeks.  We were invited to come over in our jammies, and I did.  It was great.
We have a nanny; she's been with us for almost 4 years now.  We adore her...she's part of the family.  She's 65 yo, retired, has a grandson my oldest's age, has two daughters around my age who are now close friends, etc.  I just can't say enough about the connection we have with her (all of us, not just the kids) and the level of care she provides my children and in our home.  She works about 30 hours a week (I only work 3 days a week) and makes $340 a week.  I know it...
My 6 and 4 year olds both sometimes ride, depending on where we are and how long we're going to be there.  Quick trips in and out of the market, everyone walks.  If we're at Publix, they both like to ride in the race car carts (do all grocery stores have those?), which is fine with me because it goes a lot faster.  At Costco on Saturday?   Yea...they both ride in a cart.  Little kids in Costco on Saturday morning are basically target practice for the hundreds of...
I have my annual cookie exchange next week, so tomorrow I'm trying out two new recipes to make sure they work.   Caramel Cashew Thumbprints   Chocolate Nutella Cookies   I'd love to hear what others are making!
We love our Vita-Mix!  We bought ours a few months ago and seriously use it every single day.  We are all addicted to green smoothies for breakfast.  My 6 and 4 year olds and my picky husband can't get enough of these (add to Vita-mix in order listed):   1 Pear 4-5 two inch chunks of honeydew melon Big handful of spinach and/or kale and/or broccoli 1 frozen banana (guess it doesn't have to be frozen, just helps make it colder) 1 scoop vanilla protien...
I imagine your hours could be pretty crazy being a doula.  Are you looking for a daycare type setting or a babysitter?  Would you require nights/overnights?  I've been here for about 4 1/2 yrs and have a decent network, plus we use a fantastic preschool/daycare on a part-time basis.