or Connect

Posts by nighten

It even had legs. She loved it! :)    
My six-year-old wanted to be R2D2, despite some kids at school teasing her because Star Wars is a "boy" thing. We've taught her all along it doesn't matter if you're a boy or a girl, you can be whomever you want to be, and be interested in anything you like.   Since there were no R2D2 costumes to be found, I made her one, out of posterboard and recyclables. :)    
Thursday Girl, I love your picture! 
New update here (this will break your heart):   https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1yNxPsbHi6OS2P-9utwSoY8yyfTkK2REztpsH9sB1ENg     Fundación Raices about Habiba's visit 16th June This afternoon Habiba has been able to visit her daughter for an hour and to tell you the truth she has come out full of pain, helplessness and anger. Today, unlike other days, for the first time since they’ve been separated, Alma wanted to suck, she was looking for her...
Some things you can do, in addition to signing the petition, emailing the IMMF (though their inbox has been so flooded, you might get an error message, and it's likely you'll get an automated response that has nothing to do with Habiba), and various consulates/embassies:   Contact every single news agency you can and ask that they cover the story. NPR, CNN, local stations, whatever.    Share the news in every way you can with others. Give them the URL to the FB...
Still not with her. And just released was this, which basically claims Alma (baby) was taken from Habiba, because Habiba was an attachment parent:   https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=11dqrDVBudn2oA47veGcpQQPDzvivWtgNatA9H5q_1GM&pli=1   My blood boils. Seriously. I'm enraged over this.   Another news article here, with some good links...
First Name Last Name Email Address Zip/Postal Code   If you have access to the FB group, there's a lot more information, including some translations of articles written in Spanish.    I would link more articles bu my kids are being wild monkeys today and not cooperating. If you can't access the FB group, let me know and hopefully tonight I can link some more direct articles.
You're welcome. I was surprised no one had posted about it yet.   Here's the link for the petition:   http://actuable.es/peticiones/dile-al-instituto-madrileno-del-menor-y-familia-reuna-a   It's asking for your first name, last name, email address, and postal/zip code.
  Forgive me if this has been posted, but I did a search and didn't find anything.   But I wanted to bring awareness to a situation in Madrid, where a young mother, who was living in a women's shelter with her 15-month-old infant, had her infant taken from her, because the mother (her name is Habiba) refused to stop nursing the baby. Despite the fact that the Spanish Association of Pediatrics states breastfeeding should be on demand and can be as long as...
What about a personalized name puzzle? Or craft supplies? Things like stickers, fingerpaints, and Play-Doh are all big hits here.   Books?