or Connect

Posts by oceansmama

Thank you Aster!! I am going to look for those at the library for sure. Diabetes runs in my family, in fact my mom and gramma both have it because of being over weight. I am not over weight, but have the other end of the spectrum I guess. Thanks again Maize
I am so hungrey all the time. I brought this up at my La Leche League group the other day, but wanted your opinions too Ok a little history: I have a 6 year old boy who I nursed til he was 3.5 years when he weaned himself. Now I have a 5 month old baby boy. I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and do yoga and pilates. I have low blood sugar. I am always hungrey. I have lost all the pregnancy weight.... But its like I cannot get satisfied. I have tried eating protein...
My baby is 5 months old too! For naps I will lay down and nurse him to sleep or lay down and pat his bum if he doesn't want to nurse for some reason. Some nights are like this too... I fall asleep putting him down just like you do... I guess I just take those nights as they come, as other nights I stay awake. I think its very normal at this age. As for napping in the sling... is there anyway you can carefully lay baby on the bed and slip out of the sling ??? I do...
I too do not like formula. I loved all the replies here I think if more women knew how easy it was they would do it. It isn't just the good ness of the milk, its the wonderful closeness you get also you become a better parent because of it. There is so much more to breastfeeding than formula. I love it, I am a La Leche League leader in training and I want to help women realize their own powers through birth and nursing Maize Vincent 9/8/02 Ocean 11/24/96
Funny, I just mentioned it to my boyfriend and he looked at me like "what?" But he has taken a suck here and there! lol... Maize Vincent 9/8/02 Ocean 11/24/96
I was born in 1975, my mom nursed me til I was 1, weaned me to a playtex nurser and then weaned me from that when I was 1 1/2. She was told not to nurse my brother born in 1971 because she was told nursing was bad for babies. So when I came along, she decided to not go with that bad advice. I don't know what made her wean me, but I know her telling me she nursed me, made me want to nurse my kiddos. I nursed my first son til he was 3.5 years old and I plan to let my new...
I had my baby boy!!!!!!! Sept 8 2002 Vincent William was born. he is 6lbs 1oz and 19inches long. had a very good birth, and feel so good now. Maize mama to Ocean --11/24/1996 and Vincent --9/8/2002 ))))
Thank you every one I was thinking about the tea tree oil actually. I don't know where to buy burts bees around here. Other wise, I will take the lotion advice Maize
He just came back from a vacation, visiting my ex husband's parents. I was cleaning his feet tonight and noticed little cracks all over his feet. When I touched one, he said "Ow ow ow!!". I don't know what these are or what to do about them. He is 5 years old and is pretty much in sandals all the time right now. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them, thank you Maize due 9/16 Ocean 11/24/1996
He called right away and was not happy at all. He said he would send the checks yesterday (Monday), so now I await them. I have to see him this Sunday, I know he will probably be all pissy pants with me, but I am done being nice. I have been too nice all along and I am done. I go out of my way every time and I put my self on the line. From now on, my ds lives here and truely only visits his dad. No more extra days. Maybe next summer I will consider a trip again, but...