or Connect

Posts by mangapen

Checking in here from New Delhi! Hi to all the other South Asia moms!   We have been here 3 months and settling in quite nicely, I think we are really going to like it here!   I plan to do all I can to be an advocate for all things natural and thus normal! So far I am homeschooling my kids and getting to know people!   any other South Asia mamas out there?
I think the main concern with an unassisted homebirth would be how to get the baby a birth certificate and passport to get OUT of the country when they choose to leave. That could be the most serious mess. Are they even open to going to Thailand to have their baby? Maybe they could have a homebirth there with a midiwfe. If they choose to stay in China for their birth I gotta say if given the choice between unassisted homebirth and hospital birth I would go with the...
We are moving there this month, I have a 6 and 4 year old. We will be homeschooling. (any leads on other HSers in the city?)   My husband will be working with basketball India, I am a midwife (a CPM) and hoping to do some charity work or help women with homebirths. I know about Birth India, this is a wonderful NGO!!!   I am looking for advice and thoughts on living in this city with kids. We are going to be looking for language lessons, and the typical lessons...
We have been living in Central Scotland for about 9 months (American transplants), I have yet to find any mom or family that is remotely like minded. I am going to try connecting with some local cloth diapering people and hopefully there will be someone there. My question is, does anyone know of an established attachment parenting network? I feel like I need to offer a class on the attachment parenting lifestyle to give the science and heart behind it. The few...
Such a relief! Thanks ladies for replying!
Quote: Originally Posted by RomanGoddess Bumping this up. We're in Madagascar now. Anyone else? We are not in Madagascar but curious how its going for you. Is it what you expected? Do you like it! I really have a feeling we will end up in Africa somewhere in the future! What took you there?
I am in Scotland, About to have my ds start attending a nursery. He is so excited! He has an intact foreskin and I am fiercely protective of his private parts. (I have to be in the States to keep anyone from injuring him due to ignorance...like the Dr.) My question is whether or not it is more common for boys to be circumcised or intact here. If nocirc is more common then I will have nothing to worry about. In the States (where we are from) If someone saw his penis...
we are in the middle of the visa process and so far have not had to prove or get vaccinations. They did not ask about that at all. DH had to write the vaccinations that he has had but that was in connection to the job and not the visa.
Quote: Originally Posted by Marlet Dh and I got to talking today...what are the schools like there? I plan(ned) on homeschooling the girls, largely in part because our education here sucks a dirty backside. To put it mildly. I'm not opposed to public school if it's good quality. So how is the school system there? Should I stick to my plan of homeschooling? We are in process of moving to Scotland, the visa process is not bad if you have your...
we are moving the family to Scotland and I am concerned about the cost of living! Maybe those who live there would be so kind as to give us an idea of what is needed to live on. We will be a one income family and I think we are going to have a pretty simple lifestyle based on the income we are going to have! But I would still not hesitate to move though!!!