or Connect

Posts by Aletheia

Thursday- laughing about your comments on the dog.  I am much more a cat person, too.  We had to put down our 15 year old kitty two weeks before Mo was born, and the boys were hoping for a puppy, but there was no way I was taking that on right now!  But then we got two kitties-- each from different places, and MAN what a headache.  We've had them now for two months and they still don't get along at all.  I have to keep them separate and have focused time each day to help...
Ok.  It's going ok.  Rosie, I think this bit of what you said is the crux of the matter, the way to keeping one's sanity:       What I mean is that recognizing that what you are doing is the way *you choose* to deal with the way your baby is sleeping is empowering and reassuring.  When baby wakes up unexpectedly, it is a real button pusher for me because I feel it is a suggestion that I have done or am doing something wrong.  If I can just hold on to the idea that the...
Loving these photos!  I think, though it may be time to do a side-by-side comparison.  I officially call for folks to post a side-by-side of their babe as a newborn and at 6 months, when they reach that point in this next month or so.  Sound good?  They've all changed so much!
Have any of you seen this on Facebook? I thought it was very well argued, but I have a clear favorite line, and I think it applies to sleep very well.   Parenting creates the need to resist "constant temptation to seek short-term relief at everyone's long-term expense."  Lovely.
Cruising?!  Yikes!  So glad to see Lennon has become a chubster.  We haven't weighed our monkey for a while, but I suspect around 16 pounds.  Here he is!             (Sitting up is new this last week, at 5 months on the nose!)
lala, your list of Reasons to Be Peeved At Partner is just hilarious.  Because it is so true.  Poor DH.  There are nights where there just is no right way to be.  And the thing is, I recognize that, and it just makes me more p*ssed off.  :)   As for EC and nighttime-- we definitely had the whole "wake to pee, nurse to sleep" vicious cycle going with the first two kids.  This was the main reason I was really invested in not letting this baby nurse to sleep every time,...
Thanks, both.  Having some replies here is really helpful.   I think part of the problem is that since DH has *NOT* researched baby sleep and talked to as many other parents of babes as I have... or rather, not the same sorts of parents as I have.  He sees a lot of babies and their parents-- he is a family doctor.  And I think lots of those parents lie to him just like I have lied to my doctors in the past.  "Yes!  Baby sleeps fine."  THat basically is what I say to...
Some of you may remember that my biggest fear about having a baby was the lack of sleep.  DS1 and 2 were both very, well, limited sleepers, sleeping about 2 hours at a time from birth.  It sucked.  It was seriously terrible, terrible, terrible.  I was constantly irritated with my husband for no reason, unable to make decisions, foggy minded all day, and most of my memories of their babyhoods involve a coloring of anxiety and desperation.  We were thinking of adopting...
It may be your body, but NFP is a joint effort.  DH used to give me my thermometer and write down my temps (he's a much better morning person so this made sense.)  But it also let him know where I was in my cycle so we were on the same page when it came to timing.  Sounds like it might help if you get your DH involved in some way.  You could even just give him your password information for fertilityfriend.com.       I also feel my fertility may be returning- it...
We've followed the schedule suggested by Gina Ford with little difficulty.  I have been consistently surprised how well it seems to suit our baby, though occasionally he struggles to take the entire 2.5 hour nap in the middle of the day.  He is on the whole what she calls a "sleepy baby," always about a month behind her schedule.  But right now, at 5 months, he has three naps and is working on dropping the third.   7- wake 9 to 9:40- nap 12-2:15- nap 4:45-5-...