or Connect

Posts by penquinmom

OOOOO Limabean, that is what I need!  Yeah, not eco smart, but a mama can only do what a mama can do.  Plus I can use them in my kids lunches with ranch dressing and stuff.  Ollyoxenfree-I like that idea too, but I think the kebabs I have will be too long for the lid to fit on.... Off to see if I can find those little cups with lids!  Thanks!
Ok, dumb problem...well issue. My daughter wants to bring treats to her class at school for her b-day. She wants fruit kabobs with yogurt dip. I need to have it all ready to just hand out when I walk into her class. Any suggestions on something to put the dip in ahead of time??? I am a nurse and I thought about "borrowing" some new liquid med cups and then squirting the dip in from a plastic bag with the corner cut out.....but I would have to do that once I got there.......
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately we aren't moving to the area.  I was pretty bummed my husband didn't get the job.  The company even flew us out to see the area and to interview him in person so we thought it was pretty sure that we would get an offer after they spent that much on getting us out there.  The area was beautiful and I think that it would have been great for our family, but apparently just wasn't meant to be.  OH, and I agree, the drive between Lexington...
Thanks! Anyone here from Lexington who can tell me anything more?
Well, not really.  The first thought was going to be to go with the person from his work who is getting a job there, but it's not like we are close to these people, she would just be his boss there, and he knows what to expect from her and her from him, ya know?  He is going to first try to get  a promotion here I think, if they open up the job that this person is leaving.  Then if he can't get that job, we will talk some more. 
Thank you to everyone.  I very  much value my parents and grandparents for that matter, being close to my girls.  I think that it gives them a wonderful support system and base to build on.  DH and I are still talking, if his company here opens up a job (someone is leaving and we don't know if they will fill the position) then he will apply for it and if he gets it then he says he is committed to that being his carreer.  In other words, here we stay, which is not all...
Ok, so we live around most of our extened family.  It is DH, me, DD-7 and DD4.  We live within a half mile of my parents and grandparents, and within a couple of miles of FIL and his wife.  We are stuggling here.  We both grew up here and there are alot of things about this town that bug us, like the lack of respect for education in general, and the idea that the area should cater to retirees and not families.  Plus it is very conservative, which would be fine if they...
So DH and I have agreed to talk about talking about a possible move.  Was that non-commital enough?  He has a potential job lead in this area.  What can you tell me about the area?  I have a 2nd grader who needs some gifted/talented services and a 4yr old who will probably need even more of that. My DD goes to public school here.    We would be looking at renting, probably  house at first.  Are there better/worse parts of the area?  Winchester seems small, is it a...
Hmmm, never heard of clomid that late, why does he say day8?  My OB has always had me take it starting on day 5, and I have heard of it earlier like day 4 but not that late.  I would think that the clomid would help you O earlier in your cycle?  I am the opposite, I tend to get +OPK's earlier without clomid, but right on day 14-15 with it.  So is your LP long enough with an O that late? 
  Sorry, should have said burley honeybee