or Connect

Posts by SpiralWoman

Quote: Originally Posted by kirstenb I forgot about Jen! I think she'll go far, as well. she could easily win, IMO. She's only been out of the top tier a couple times. One of which was when the whole girls team lost. And speaking of that challenge, who was disappointed with how it was judged? It would've been a lot more interesting to being in the strongest 4 dishes from both sides, discuss, then announce which dish won. Then bring in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by kirstenb I was actually surprised that Jessie and Ron weren't in the bottom at judges' table. I was THRILLED that the judges told Mike to stay because he was one of the bottom three. Each episode I like him less and less. I doubt this will knock him ohh his high horse though, he probably still thinks he had no business being there. Right now it seems that the chefs to beat are Michael and Bryan. That Mike is...
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxinsmom anyone else disappointed with this season? Everything seems really disjointed and darker. I'm not sure. Kind of reminds me of the thrid season of Six Feet Under -- I didn't really like it, but looking back it was just building up the storyline. meh. I watched the 1st 2 seasons this summer all at once basically, so to me watching each episode is a much more drawn out process. SO much happens when...
Quote: Originally Posted by FrannieP Thanks alot for sharing this here. I'm really glad that you're having such a mild case in your household! May I ask, are you giving anything in particular or just letting it run it's course? Good luck you guys! fp He hasn't needed anything. I haven't needed to surpress his temp (normally I only do if it is over 103+ longer than I feel comfortable with). I have given him chewable c when he feels like it. I...
Love that things are so the same on Lifetime, I wa afriad it would be all switched up! I was amazed that Mitchel dodged the bullet twice! I was shocked enough when he Ari was offed before him. I really thought her outfit would have been cool if it had had irregular skirt pieces hanging off the halter top, kind of like what a previous winner (the throat tattoo guy in recovery? I'm bad with names)used to do. But Mitchel's wasn't even an entry really, it wasn't even sewn...
My experience: we have H1N1 in the house right now. It seems very mild, minimal cough/congestion. Temp was up to 103 briefly yesterday and now back down to 100. 6 kids went home form DS's class in 2 days (Mon/Tues), so we went to the Dr to have a swab & see what it was. She offered tamiflu but also said it has as many side effects of upset stomach, etc so we skipped it. I had a temp of 99 on Mon then nothing more. My understanding of the danger of this is that as...
can't wait to see more of Peggy & Don, I think he is going to be pursuing/seducing her soon! Who else has never seen Bye Bye Birdie? I need to order it thru netflix!
it was great! wish it had gone on & on, won't leave any spoilers here for those of you who will see it soon...
almost here... I just became a fan this summer, watching seasons 1 & 2 on demand during a few marathon laundry folding events. Not sure how I'll do watching it one hour at a time & then waiting a whole week!
Is there even a difference? I have read some articles about HFCS at the weston price site & I've recently seen the movie "King Korn" (It's on instant play at Netflix!) & all that on top of reading Omnivore's Dilemma & Eater's Manifesto has got me very motivated to root HFCS out 100% of our lives. But, not sure if the regular corn suyrup is the same thing, or just a little less bad or what. We use plain table sugar or honey (which DS hates) or agave nectar for everything we...