or Connect

Posts by namaste_mom

TO DO BY May 3: 1. 1st rewrite of GP Handbook 2. Finish grading 2 HWs 3. Write 4 labs for prepayment of samples 4. Edit SK Paper 5. Read BL thesis 6. Read MC diss proposal 7. Read RH thesis   Back from the field, I finished about half of what I should have done. Student in #4 didn't give me the paper.  Leaving again for the field in 2 weeks. I'll soon post another to do list to get done before I leave.   Kaybee - I enjoyed meeting you also. When do...
TO DO BY May 3: 1. 1st rewrite of GP Handbook 2. Finish grading 2 HWs 3. Write 4 labs for prepayment of samples 4. Edit SK Paper 5. Read BL thesis 6. Read MC diss proposal 7. Read RH thesis
Can you give me session number and time. I'll try and be there. I will be at the conference on Th and F. On Friday I'm chairing an oral session. On Thursday night, I am chairing a poster session. I'll the one with Himalayan-Karakorum-Tibetan in the title. PM if you want to give the info that way. I'll try to check from the hotel.
Kaybee if you are going to EGU, look me up. I'll be there on Thursday and Friday (11, 12)
YEAH!! on getting that manuscript accepted with only minor revisions, kaybee!! [that reminds me I forgot to look at the proofs for one of mine, oops, add that to the list]   After this weekend I am basically out of internet contact for the rest of April - international field work in a remote region so I have been preparing for that. Things TO DO before I leave:   1. Review Proofs for paper DONE 2. List of things to do for interim GPD (I still didn't get this...
Monday - two proposal reviews DONE Tuesday - review for journal DONE Wed. - Grade 4 HW sets Graded two out of the 4 Thurs - drive to AT DONE Friday - poster, couch,DONE grad student reviews Still need to do   Weekend - grade two more HW                   work on poster                   grad student work reviews                   discussion grading
Next week is spring break - hoping to tackle lots of my outstanding writing issues next week!
I've good at setting goals, I'm just not good at reaching those goals   :)   I was doing pretty good this semester until my husband tells me two weeks ago that he wants to buy a house right then. We made an offer that night (we were not looking for a new house). The inspection negotiation is finished and we are closing mid-April. I just spent the past two days packing boxes so that we can get our house ready to sell. This has put a stop to all my work productivity,...
Near Term Goals 3/1 Grade HW 2, DONE 3/3 Grade HW 3 3/4-3/7 Write one paragraph each day on CN paper 3/7 SA thesis edits 3/15 TL thesis edits     Long Term goals: SM and SK papers submitted by beginning of April IH and AG defend beginning of April Submit  CN Paper by April 7 Proposals July 6 Submit Lab Manual by July 10
Welcome dulce_mami, Have fun on sabbatical! I still miss mine from last year.   by 2/26 Grade HW 1, HW 2, HW 3 continuous SA thesis 2/21 write GPD letters DONE   Month goals: Rough drafts of SM and SK papers by Mar 1 (need to push them harder) submit CN Paper by Feb. 28   Long Term goals: SM and SK papers submitted by beginning of April IH and AG defend beginning of April