or Connect

Posts by namaste_mom

I have a deadline of tomorrow to resubmit a revision, so it has to get done :) I have non-realistic deadlines for 2/15 but I'll extend that into the weekend and hopefully I'll have it all done by Monday.
Daily Goals   2/15 Submit RMT paper DONE, yeah!! revision is submitted! 2/15 Edit intros of Sk and SM Done on 2/16 2/15 Grade HW 1, HW 2, HW 3  Hope to get this done on 2/17 2/15 edit proposals of IH and AG Done on 2/16     Month goals: Rough drafts of SM and SK papers by Mar 1 (need to push them harder) submit CN Paper by Feb. 28   Long Term goals: SM and SK papers submitted by beginning of April IH and AG defend beginning of April
Daily Goals 2/6 Write responses for RMT paper 2/6 Finish Writing GPD 2/6 Edit intros of Sk and SM 2/5 Prepare Talk for T DONE 2/6 Grade HW 1   Weekly Goals Be close to finishing RMT paper send to coauthor Work on CN paper   Month goals: Rough drafts of SM and SK papers by Mar 1 Revisions on RMT IJES paper due Feb. 15 submit CN Paper by Feb. 28   Long Term goals: Make reservations for Field camp Field work in April- planning SM and SK...
Cynthia - I know for a fact that I can not organize one more thing in my life. If someone wanted to organize a group. I would participate but I'm too swamped to keep up with anything   Kaybee - glad to see you are up and running. I was getting lonely with my tiny goals. :)    How is Spain?   This week has been such a challenge for me. Meeting back to back all day and trying to prepare for class. I'm mystified as to when i am actually supposed to get writing done....
Daily Goals: 1/22 work on 2nd IJES paper 1/23 evaluate work needed on RMT paper 1/23 write one section of CN paper   1/21-1/25 Weekly Goals: Work on RMT paper Work on CN paper Work on 2nd IJES paper   Medium Term goals: Second draft of CN Paper sent to coauthor by 1/31 Rough drafts of SM and SK papers by Jan. 31 Revisions on RMT IJES paper due Jan. 31 Revisions on 2nd IJES paper due Feb. ? Prepare invited talk for Feb. 8 submit CN Paper by...
Eggplant - mostly my kids want me around more but I have to tell them I have to work so that we can do the fun stuff in the summer. I never used to suffer from ADD but I think my most recent responsiblities require me to switch tasks more and it makes me ADD. It also makes me want to work on the stuff that is not so important but easy.   kaybee - have fun overseas, are you going to continue to check in here? Is the whole family going?       Daily...
About me: I'm a tenured professor at a large university that requires both teaching (30%) and research (50%) service (10%) and I have a 10% administrative position (graduate program director). I have 4 children (10,8,4,2) and have difficulty with the work/life balance. Last year, I was on sabbatical at a different university so I am still mourning the loss of all of my reseach time.   Daily Goals: 1/10 Work on CN Paper all day, detemine what is left to...
I would participate in another thread for 2013
rcr - Congrats!!   kaybee - good luck. I was happy to have tenure over with. I hope it will be smooth sailing for you. I was mostly glad for the pay raise and the sabbatical :)
I might make the necessary inquiries to see what kind of person they are hiring.