or Connect

Posts by namaste_mom

I don't know about respect, but I am happy we chose to have more children than just two (which was the original plan). I am a geologist so I have a serious time committment to going out into the field and collecting data and then bringing it to the lab and processing it. I write scientific papers based on these data. For tenure, I made sure that I had checked all the boxes -- made sure I had enough papers, brought in enough grants, was at least an average teacher, did...
I earned tenure last year and had 5 children while on the tenure track. DH is a WOH parent. I'll say that I did enough to earn tenure but not much more and my productivity has tanked in the past 2 years. Two children were in elementary school, one was in preschool parttime and the 1 year old was shuttled between us (I lost the 5th one a couple of years ago and still struggle, hence the lack of productivity). THe summer has thrown our schedule into a tizzy. The decision...
GOALS (Week April 11-15) 1. Work on cross section (not this week, I'm OOT) 2. Work on Erosion paper 30 minutes a day M-F 3. Answer co-authors questions for Zir 4. Lab manual cover page DONE 5. check with SM - India topography DONE 6. Grade midterms DONE 7. DONE Grade project 2   DONE DONE   OBVIOUSLY MY LAST POST WAS A LONG TIME AGO BUT CRAP HAPPENED. My town got hit by a tornado, the frenzy of finals, frantic work before leaving on some trips, then...
kerc= i do think about it but not a huge factor, going to a place without start up is a bigger issue imo. if you can hook a person without start up than, he/she wants to be there. sorry nak
I would let them go back alone....   I live just outside of Tuscaloosa, one thing about a huge tornado roaring through and killing 200 people two days before class ends, no finals. Of course, that is sarcasm. My family and I were in the bunker of the department I work in (aka the basement). Thank goodness. I feel like that is the safest place in all of the city. The devastation is unbelieveable.
no....plenty of stuff i liked to do pre-kids, no time now...
I bring my iPad
I had another horrible week and essentially did not accomplish any of my Goals. I'm OOT for the first 3 days of next week but I'm taking work with me. I will work to try and achieve some of these goals.   GOALS (Week April 11-15) 1. Work on cross section (not this week, I'm OOT) 2. Work on Erosion paper 30 minutes a day M-F 3. Answer co-authors questions for Zir 4. Lab manual cover page 5. check with SM - India topography 6. Grade midterms 7. Grade...
  GOALS (Week March 27-April 1) UPDATE 1. Work on xsectn 30 minutes a day M-F DONE 2. Work on Erosion paper 30 minutes a day M-F 3. Answer co-authors questions for Zir 4. Lab manual cover page 5. check with SM - India topography,   I was horrible last week at getting anything done. I had so many meetings...so   GOALS (Week April 3-7) 1. Work on xsectn 30 minutes a day M-F 2. Work on Erosion...
kaybee - my kids have been sick too for about a week. DH just took DS2 to the doctor, he has double ear infections. I'm actually relieved, I thought it was broncitius (sp?) or RSV. He has been up for hours at a time for the past week. I have gotten between 3-6 hours of sleep a night for about 10 days.   GOALS (Week March 27-April 1) 1. Work on xsectn 30 minutes a day M-F 2. Work on Erosion paper 30 minutes a day M-F 3. Answer co-authors questions for Zir 4....