or Connect

Posts by namaste_mom

UPDATE Week March 14-18 spring break week - working from MILs   Goals 1. Check student submitted SK paper DONE 2. Submit Appy Paper 3. Erosion, read through and decide how to proceed, need to focus on this - 1 hour per weekday 4. review PRF Due 3/21 1/2 done 5. Grade Project 1, Due 3/21 DONE   I didn't do a very good job at getting anything done.     GOALS Week of March 21-25 1. Submit Appy Paper DONE 2. Erosion, read through and decide how...
  Week March 14-18 spring break week - working from MILs   Goals 1. Check student submitted SK paper 2. Submit Appy Paper 3. Erosion, read through and decide how to proceed, need to focus on this - 1 hour per weekday 4. review PRF Due 3/21 5. Grade Project 1, Due 3/21   
  There was an international women's day?   UPDATE Week March 7-11   Goals 1. Check student submitted SK paper and wrote letter to editor, Due Mar 7 DONE 2. Write letter to editor for Appy paper, due March 9, change due date to March 11 DONE 3. Submit Appy Paper due March 11 I did everything but push the submit button 4. Erosion, read through and decide how to proceed, due March 11 5. Work on xsection 30 minutes every day M-F DONE so far 6. review...
Week March 7-11   Goals 1. Check student submitted SK paper, Due Mar 7 2. Write letter to editor for Appy paper, due March 9 3. Submit Appy Paper due March 11 4. Erosion, read through and decide how to proceed, due March 11 5. Work on xsection 30 minutes every day M-F 6. review PRF Due, March 11 7. Grade Project 1, Due March 9 8. Prepare Midterm, Due March 9   This is the week before our spring break so I have many goals....
kaybee - I just checked out the website but the April cover is not up yet but I definitely will check it out when it is published.   Welcome Stefka   Geofizz - I need my haircut also, even though it is just a hoop, it is still nice getting the final letter for tenure from the trustees   UPDATE Goals for this week (Feb 28-March 4) 1. SK: read and edit letter to editor by march 1  DONE 2. Appy: read all the way through by March 1 DONE, plus fixed figures,...
kaybee - which journal would that be? or you can pm and tell me.   Goals for this week (Feb 28-March 4) 1. SK: read and edit letter to editor by march 1 2. Appy: read all the way through by March 1 3. erosion: write down co-author comments, review by march 4, decide how to proceed 4. Work on section 30 minutes every day M-F 5. Submit no cost extension request by March 4
kaybee -that could make your life difficult.     I didn't make much progress today on these deadlines because I remember that I needed to ask the VP of research for a change of scope on an internal grant. That took up the 45 minute research time today.     Deadlines for week of Feb 21-28: 1. SK: Read and edit 5 pages on Feb 23, 24, and 25 (15 pages total) I did this - edited 25 pages so I'm ahead of the deadline 2. Appy: Read all the way through Feb 23 -...
Lisa - I hope you can squeeze that hour on Sat.   Carita - I'm glad you found us, hope we can help by motivating you a bit   Deadlines for week of Feb 21-28: 1. SK: Read and edit 5 pages on Feb 23, 24, and 25 (15 pages total) I did this - edited 20 pages so I'm ahead of the deadline 2. Appy: Read all the way through Feb 23 - decide what needs to be done by Feb 24 I did not do this today either, maybe over the weekend? 3. Erosion: Talk to coauthor on Feb 23...
I talked to my DH to try and figure out what to do. I think the best thing to do is to say something like "XXXX told me that you assembled a group consisting of XXX, XXX, and XXXX. Please remember that the data from XXXXX company are proprietary and can not be shared with other members of your team or displayed at any meeting or conference. I agreed to these terms and you must also abide by these terms." That way he knows that I know and it gives him a chance to...
WWYD? I just found out that one of my colleagues in my dept put together a group (not including me) to study the exact same thing I have been studying for 3 years. I am angry. Yes, everyone has a right to do research on whatever but I have two graduate students focused on the topic. They don't have any funding yet. But I have been freely sharing my ideas and progress with him. He has used the data that i have painstakenly gather to put together his own group. HMMMPFF....