or Connect

Posts by namaste_mom

1/2 - 45 minutes walking 1/4 - 40 minutes walking 1/7 - 30 minutes walking  1/9 - 45 minutes orbital trainer 1/11 20 minutes walking 1/16 30 minutes walking pushing double stroller   210/800 
Kristin - I do not know of such a list, sorry   Hi Rock Dr. - haven't heard from you much lately   kerc - wow, that schedule is crazy   We started classes yesterday but I was gone to Houston and Monday is MLK so it looks like my first class is next Wed. Time to look at the syllabus.
I'm in the physical sciences and just took a 6 month old to a conference. I wore him and the had a mother's room when I needed to nurse. I stood up in the 15 minute talks and just stepped outside before the clapping began. During one session I laid him down in the corner of the room where I could still see the screen but he played on the floor (on a blanket). If he would not settle, I would just go look at the posters or meet with someone. I took the same baby at 6 weeks...
  1/2 - 45 minutes walking 1/4 - 40 minutes walking 1/7 - 30 minutes walking  1/9 - 45 minutes walking   160/800   I need to add another moving session to my week in order to make my goal.
Kathy - it is hard. When I was pregnant he would bring me milkshakes twice a week or so, which I didn't mind because I was pregnant but it is was great excuse to get one for himself and not feel so guilty. I want him to feel guilty for the sweets that he eats. I don't have a big problem resisting them now that I'm not pg. I just tell DH that his feelings can not be hurt if I don't eat what he brings me whether it is sweets or fast food. I think you are right to not even...
1/1 - 0 1/2 - 45 minutes walking 1/3 - 0  1/4 - 40 minutes walking 1/5 - 0 1/6 - 0 1/7 - 30 minutes walking   115/800
Kathy - welcome, my DH also sabotages my weight loss activities. He is just trying to be fair and nice to me. I finally told him that he had to stop bringing me treats -- he understood and now is much better regarding sweets.   Major_mama - I agree, having a goal like, don't be lazy is not specific enough. You can write down little weekly goals like: do a load of dishes and laundry everyday, get 15 minutes or more of exercise everyday, etc...   Me - I did not get...
sparklett - I don't know why I see a decrease, I guess because I do not increase my calorie intake, I just eat what I need to eat to live and don't think about it. Running must suck the calories out of my boobs. I will I had a personal organizer DH, where do you get one of those? :)   laurakathy - I'm 38 so I can sympathize. I just want to find a schedule that I can work with and that keep me and everyone happy and healthy   Kat - i don't have a good suggestion...
Sparklett - 110 pounds!!! wow, that is so awesome! I used to run all of the time in my 20's before having kids--had my first at 30. I do like running and run occasionally but if I run I see a huge decrease in my milk supply. So, at least right now, it is walking for me.   Kat - way to go on calling and making those food dates. I would like to be more like that. I miss having friendships but can not bring myself to pick up the phone and call people. I'm happy once I...
I'll join this month but I think I will have a lower goal like the two PP   1/1 - 0 1/2 - 45 minutes walking 1/3 - 0  1/4 - 40 minutes walking   85/800