or Connect

Posts by OakEmber

The first house we bought was one that I would drive past often and thought was cute. One day I was driving by it and thought, gee, I wish that house was for sale and low and behold it came on the market a week later! Looked at it and bought it that day! We lived there for three years until we outgrew it. Present house, our second home, we also bought the day we saw it. We fell in love with it instantly too. We have lived here 3.5 years and are contemplating moving....
Wow, that was trippy!! I haven't read the other posts yet but your post sums up the last couple years of my life, my saturn return to a T! I am going to be 31 in 8 days (born Jan.20, 1978). I got married at 21. Had babies at 22 and 26. At 28 (yes 7 years later!!) I came close to leaving my marriage, had the talk of this wasn't where I thought I was going, wasn't what I envisioned family life to be, etc....then we had 2 years of major relationship hashing and finally...
I'd vote for #1, I have a 4 year old (boy) and an 8 year old (girl) and both love to read Jan Brett's Gingerbread Baby. We received a hard copy of it when my DD was born and have been reading it for 8 years now!
Awww....hugs. My daughter had a stage like this in both Kindergarten and Gr. 1 (she is now in Gr. 3). She had a best friend in her class even who we spent time with nearly every day (her mom and I are also friends and got together for coffee lots). My daughter is physically active and loves the monkey bars, and I think she would run out as soon as the bell rang and then after a few minutes of being on the monkey bars she would look around and notice all her friends...
Thanks for sharing mommas, makes me feel much better! And yes, I will be much more diligent now! And also thanks for the comic relief LeahBoo.
No harm done...but I feel so horrible that I allowed myself to be so distracted (and by little things, the kids nattering in the backseat, and which store to go to first, etc.). I need a hug and to know if anyone else has ever BTDT? or am I a horrible person?
I agree you should move back, it sounds like your heart is still there! My kids are 4 and 8 as well and I am now working part-time after many years at home and the adjustment hasn't been as hard as I had thought! Keeping my fingers crossed for you...I am in BC as well, we were in Nelson last spring, it was awesome(if it weren't that the Okanagan/Shuswap region is "home" to me and where my family is, I'd move to Nelson in a heartbeat). I think if you still have friends...
I've been with my Dh long enough to have gone through this stage and the coming of age stage together; we started going out at 16&18 and are now 30&32. Your maturity levels are certainly going to change, each decade brings new maturity and I am sure that in my 40's I will be at a whole new level of maturity myself. In our early 20's we felt very mature, we successfully managed a household hours away from our family. We certainly spent money different then and Dh did...
I'm right there with you!! I can totally relate to how you feel, but in my case my hometown is only 20 minutes away, so you probably won't feel as sorry for me I miss walking to town and everyone saying "hello". I miss people commenting on how big the kids are getting. I miss going to get groceries and not having to deal with traffic, getting the shopping done and the groceries in the fridge in an hour as opposed to wasting 25 minutes of my time just in the vehicle...
I like the idea of the markers (or crayons, possibly greener). Other ideas, I find that hair accessories are always nice to get and actually get used, maybe a necklace made out of wooden beads or something. I quite like the seeds idea, and think most kids would be excited to plant them!