or Connect

Posts by Yaliina

Hi, ladies!  I'm back from my cruise vacation, and trying to get back in the swing of things. I should be working on my final presentation for my Medical Audiology course right now, but decided to catch up with you all instead. We had a very nice cruise to the Virgin Islands of St. Thomas & St. Maartin, as well as CocoCay. The kids really enjoyed the kids programs onboard, and the adults appreciated the deck chairs, perfect weather, and drinks-of-the-day, and everyone...
Hi and welcome to our new Ladies in Waiting.    I don't know if I can comment on all I've missed, but I'll try.    Writer, I am with you on the desire for the long-term being much stronger than the transient and tangible things like lace and frills. Although I DO want dearly to buy those frilly dresses, flower hair bows, and go shopping and get my nails done with a daughter. It is the long-run that is more dear to my heart. I have a wonderful relationship with my own...
Gee, well, welcome and goodbye, Mamanemone. Good luck and best wishes with your decision. You have to do what's right for your family, even when it's hard, sometimes.   As for all this talk about "girl diets" and so forth... I have heard of all that, and we actually tried the Shettles method the last time (obviously, it didn't work). I chickened out about the lemon douche, though. I might do it this time. Like you, Writer, this will be my last chance for a girl, and I've...
Wish I could help, Writer, but my PPAF tends to happen pretty quickly and comes on pretty strong. Now, my IUD AFs are another story, but I don't think that's any help. I'm sure there's a board on this forum somewhere where that kind of thing is addressed. There are so many ladies on this forum who have experienced almost everything you can think of. Hopefully, you can find someone with the right wisdom/experience to share.
So true, Writer. There is no wrong way to build or space your family, as long as you do it with love and acceptance. It's nice that your hubby sounds so supportive, too. That makes such a difference, I think. Mine is exceedingly supportive & wonderful, so I'm always happy to hear that others' are as well. I have felt a little apprehensive about the spacing thing- since we're waiting almost 5 years for this last one, but you're right- it really isn't ultimately all that...
Congratulations, Seven & Chunklins!!!! I hope you both have healthy, fabulous pregnancies and the births you want.   Thanks for the supplement breakdown, Suzy. I may look into some of those. I always buy raspberry leaf tea when I'm pregnant, but it didn't occur to me to start before.   As for winter babies, I am firmly opposed. I myself am a January baby. My first child was born the day after my birthday, and then my oldest was born on Christmas eve, poor thing! We...
I think the important thing with spacing is to do what's right for YOUR family, which has little or nothing to do with what is right for someone else's family. Irish twins sound really miserable to me, but I have some friends who have more than a couple of kids that close together, and they're happy as clams. You just have to make up your own rules and go by those, and not sweat anybody else's opinion or advice too much. We can all sit around and tell our experiences, and...
Welcome, LTurtle!   I have a somewhat different dynamic and outlook in my house, regarding spacing. I am one of 3 children myself, and the oldest. We were each about 2 years apart & we fought constantly. Now, as adults, we're all pretty tight, but I think we were pretty hard on our poor mom. As for MY family, I only have 2, but they are 4.5 years apart, and the youngest is almost 4 years old now. So, I can tell you that, at least for my boys, they have gotten really...
We use Saxon & love it, after tryinf MUS, Singapore, & a filler online program called Dreambox. My son is a math person, though, and we're flying through the book ahead of his "grade". What I love about Saxon is that I feel we're covering all the range of math things at once, but with tons of repetition. I mean, time, dates, addition, subtraction, multiplication, graphing, geometry... It is scripted, which I usually hate, but I seldom follow the actual script, but use it...
I have to second a mei tai as most-used.  Unless you count cloth diapers, of course.  I, too am a baby gear minimalist. I don't even know if I'll buy a stroller for the next one. My mom sweetly bought us an Arms-reach cosleeper for DS2, but we mostly used it to store clothes & diapers. I have boobs & cloth diapers & onesies. A mei tai, & what else do we need?