or Connect

Posts by Mamma2Addison

Subbing and posting DR's steps on my BB at work to remind me, in part, of why I'm there.
That is awesome!  Congratulations!
No Spend Day - Budgeted Expense - Unplanned Expense - Made Do or Mend -   1/13:   I've actually been home decluttering most of today so my only expense on my part was our weekly offering at Mass - $10.  DH did the grocery shopping from my list and we only shopped sales to replenish the freezer and pantry.  $266 - it was a big replenish.  He also used our accumulated gas points to fill up my car (I have the longer commute) - $2.95/gallon and got 13 gallons...
  I'm working on this, too.  My kids are older, but not quite at the point of wanting what everyone else seems to have, to that helps.  DH and I sat down and talked to the kids about family goals and included them in those goals.  A big goal for all of us is home ownership and they realize that to make that goal happen we need to trim the extra "stuff" so no nights of being too tired to cook (or help) so we order take out or not asking for pay-per-view movies when the...
  I think it was money well spent!
I've lurked for a loooong time but 2013 is a new start for us financially so I'm jumping in.  I've read DR before and am rereading him now - love his no-nonsense approach.   Pre-Step 1: Get current on your debts and do a budget - Done!   BS1 $1,000 to start an Emergency Fund - This has been an exciting one for me and part of the new financial planning we are doing.  I feel so much better seeing that much money in savings and w set up our savings to make it as...
Yay, I found this in January!!!  I'm totally in.   Donated to my children's school (I'm a teacher and seem to accumulate this stuff) 34 books 4 packs of teacher certificates 1 box of tissue paper 2 bags of sensory bin items 1 ziplock bag filled with partially used bottles of glue   Other donated items: 2 pairs of shoes 4 boy's shirts 4 window valances 4 pillow shams 1 king size comforter 1 double size comforter 1 double size sheet...
Updating for today - I have been waiting all day to post so this may be the motivation I need.  And since I'm not planning on leaving the house for the rest of the day, this is it.   No Spend Day - Budgeted Expense - Unplanned Expense - Made Do or Mend -   1/13:   I've actually been home decluttering most of today so my only expense on my part was our weekly offering at Mass - $10.  DH did the grocery shopping from my list and we only shopped sales to...
subbing - this is an area that is a tough one for my kids  
Better late than never, I suppose.   a. Who you are - I'm married with two kids (10 and 8 who are just not getting this frugal lifestyle switch).  I teach a full-day of kindergarten and pre-k in a private school.  DH has his own business.  Oh, and we live about 50 miles outside of NYC in Connecticut where it seems like everything is expensive. b. Where you are going (your financial goals) - Saving up to buy a house, trying to put money aside for children's...