or Connect

Posts by wholewheatmama

I really like this one - http://arwenart.com/tutorials/windowstars/
I'm glad your new situation is working out. I'm considering taking the same approach soon. My 2.5 year old wants to nurse constantly when we are at home. For about six months, she has been pretty easy to distract in public, such that we rarely NIP anymore. At home, though, she would nurse every 10 minutes if I let her. I always offer food/drink/cuddles instead, and that sometimes works. I also try to only nurse her in one particular chair. However, that means every...
My daughter (now 2 1/2) has worn Pedipeds (regular and flex) and Soft Stars almost exclusively, and I love them! Pedipeds is currently having one of their Make-A-Wish sales, so certain styles are priced way less than normal. I try to wait for these sales to stock up on the next size up for my daughter. You can sign up for their email alerts to find out when the sales are. The current sale runs through July...
My 2 1/2 year old had a handful of similar episodes a couple of months ago, very much like you described. Nothing seemed to snap her out of it. She cried and screamed until she vomited, and it was only after the vomiting that she was able to finally calm down. My ped said that night terrors generally occur at the same time each night (my daughter's happened almost exactly one hour after going to sleep), and he suggested to break the cycle waking her up at the expected...
Quote: Originally Posted by kaaris My site, EatRealGood, is set up for you to enter all your veggies and fruit, and it brings back recipes that use them efficiently. You can then scan and see if there are any that use the meat and other stuff you have on hand. I frequently use it like that. Get my CSA box, enter all my veggies, then pick the recipes that also use the frozen beef quarter I have, for example. Meal planner is at:...
This is a good technique/recipe. You basically roast the stems first. Yummy! http://beyondsalmon.blogspot.com/200...ook-swiss.html
~DDC crashing~ Papa! OMG, congratulations! I am so very happy for you! I have to second much of what PumpkinPie said. I started this journey alone and now, with Iris two years old, am still doing it on my own. I think it's great that you are leaning on your friends *now*. For too long, I had the "I'm a strong, independent, fierce mama who can do any damn thing by myself" mindset. While true (and like Pumpkin said, you'll find strength you didn't even know...
We nightweaned around 19-20 months (also with the Jay Gordon method), and my daughter is still nursing *strong* at 27 months with no signs of letting up anytime soon.
We love camping! We did a week long car camping trip last summer with my then 18 month old, and she had a blast! Definitely trickier than when she was an infant, though. We camped with a group, so luckily I didn't have to try to figure out how to deal with starting a campfire while watching her at the same time. She wasn't quite old enough yet to really get the concept of hot=burn, so I had to watch her closely when the fire was hot. I agree that babywearing...
Six Feet Under Queer As Folk