or Connect

Posts by MissSJ

We are supposed to go camping this weekend and DH just discovered our cats peed on his sleeping bag. Is there any chance of getting out the smell? Please tell me there is a way!! I am afraid to see if there is anything else in our basement they peed on How do I stop them from peeing where they shouldn't?
Hi Jamie, I have good reason to believe that the man who raised me as his daughter may not be my biological father. Is he or isn't he? Thanks, SJ
Just curious what everyone planted this year. For seasoned gardeners, what percentage of your veggies will come from your garden? I planted 5 tomato plants (Better Boy, Lemon Boy, Sweet 100, Chocolate Cherry and Pear tomato) but the pear tomato may not make it. If not I am going to replace it. 3 cucumbers 5 peppers (4 types of sweet peppers and one slightly spicy) 6 broccoli 6 cabbage 4 squash (zucchini, yellow squash, 8 ball and delicata) 4 flowering purple Kale 12...
After a few days of on and off again wind today we have a high wind warning with gusts up to 60 mph. My poor tomato plants are just blowing about. My pear tomato snapped in two places, one at the base and one at the top, a few days ago. Since there were still some nice looking branches and leaves I dug it up, wrapped duct tape around the break at the bottom and planted in a pot in the house. Who knows, perhaps it will live. It definitely would be dead if it were...
Dear Wind, Please stop blowing and gusting in every direction - YOU ARE TEARING APART MY GARDEN!!!!!!
I am a new gardener so when I purchased fertilizer for the garden I bought what was suggested. The employee at the garden shop suggested Marine Cuisine Seafood for Your Garden 10-7-7 Time Release Fertilizer and Foxfarm Big Bloom Concentrate to supplement after the plants begin to fruit. I was just reading the packages and noticed the Marine Cuisine says "for evergreens, acid loving plants & vegetables." Is this the proper fertilizer for a vegetable and flower...
I am a little perplexed about plant spacing. I notice that gardens pictured in gardening magazines and books tend to be really crowded with everything close together. Are these plants planted according to the spacing recommended and as they mature they seem really close or are they planted closer? How important is spacing? I am curious because I would like to maximize my space. Thanks
Thanks everyone for providing your ! I did end up going to bed that night. The next day I did complete the two essays since I had some extra time. It didn't feel right purposely not completing them but on the other hand I had to figure out how much time I had left and which assignments were the most important. I did not complete the final paper, definitely not enough time since it was to be 4 pages and I had two other exams, the two essays and an even bigger paper...
Is this worth doing? Tomorrow is my last day of school for the semester and I have been doing assignments for the past few days. Today I started at 530am and now it is 9pm. If I do not turn in my last assignments in one of my classes I will have a grade of 82.4%. Does anyone know if when calculating GPA if the percentage matters or the letter grade? The reason i am asking is because I can finish my last 2 one page essays for a grade of 85.9% and I can finish the...
Quote: Originally Posted by LaurieG ETA: I also agree with the pp's that at this age things seem like "always" when they are actually just occassionally. My 7 yr old still does that so I'm not sure when that ends. Come to think of it, maybe never. If I'm upset enough I still do it - LOL. I totally agree with this. When I don't let ds1 have a snack (for example when I am making a meal) he says "You never let me eat, you never feed...