or Connect

Posts by siobhang

not able to respond right now - just subbing. MOre soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by Porcelain Interior Well he's used drugs and alcohol, and gotten into serious trouble previous to this DUI. So I think he's a full blown bonified alcoholic. It's just sad when you think someone is doing good and they're just in denial. well, my brother got two duis when he was in college/post college. He also used drugs occasionally. However, he is not an alcoholic - as evidenced by the fact that he...
Quote: Originally Posted by That Is Nice Part of it is that I just can't (and don't want to) put priority on clothing...so many other things need the money. But sometimes image does play a role at work, unfortunately. Please invest in yourself by getting a wardrobe that speaks to the quality of your work and professionalism. Image plays a tremendous role at work - anywhere, really - and when you don't "look the part" people notice. You don't...
Agree with Hersaugeber. Btw, 90% of our work comes from referals and most of those come from former coworkers. People move on and do interesting things and need help and YOU are a known quantity.
I got my Master's in the UK - total cost including room and board for the year was $30K, which I had saved before I went. I decided to pursue my degree in the UK because a. of cost and b. the course/school sounded exactly what I wanted, c. I wanted to live/hang out in London, and d. I wanted the British perspective (Anthropology of International Development). best investment of my life. ETA: I was looking at doctorate programs, and agree that normally I'd never pay for...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Boudicca~ I totally kwym! For instance, I slipped away for a few minutes to email the leader of our homeschool group, figured the kids are fine Spongebob was on so they were comatose for a bit. I came back in to find my 2.5 year naked and covered in Crisco. bwahhaha!!!! Be extra careful when they are being quiet... I once was enjoying a quiet dinner with dh and a friend - but it was too quiet in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by GuildJenn So basically if you work full time your kids are more likely to drink sweetened drinks, watch TV, and be driven... but they're also more likely to eat fruit and be in sports. Like, whatever. ETA: Info here: http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/09Septem...-children.aspx More like "socio-economic status impacts food/snack choices -news at 11!"
we got my oldest his own computer at age 2 to keep him from playing with my machine. Learning how to use the mouse actually has immensely improved his fine motor skills and hand eye coordination. And I know he is learning to read partiarlly as a result of his computer usage. The key difference between computers and TV/Video is the directly interactive nature of computers. The computer responds immediately to the inputs of the user and the user learns a lot of "cause and...
Quote: Originally Posted by bananapancakes Could it be that undernourishment causes delays? Yes, it absolutely can cause delays but most kids "catch up" when the nourishment improves - it can take a while to catch up, though. The thing about developmental milestones is that they are averages, with some kids hitting them ahead and some hitting them behind. As long as he is in the continuum, he could be fine. My oldest consistently was 2-4...
VA has religious exemptions for medical treatments, including vaccinations and the eye goop. You don't have to state your religion or any details. Birthcare is very familiar with NFL moms and the law; they won't call CPS.